site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
One Year Ago...

...I started this adventure of blogging my way through the days, and amazingly enough, I'm still here. And still putting coherent sentences together. At least, I think I am.

And as a result of being here for a year, I'm going to make a Very Big Announcement...

I'm retiring from Blogging.

Kidding. Joke. You're not getting rid of me that easily. You can start breathing again, folks. Really. Not. Going. Anywhere.

For those who don't remember, I was very ill when I started that very first post- perhaps the illness was the catalyst for it all, I honestly don't remember why I really started this thing.

I know I swore I wouldn't be a meme-laden blog, but now I have at least 3 or 4 that I do every week - but I do try and flesh them out. Perhaps I'll just consolidate them to once a week and continue writing about things that strike my fancy for the rest of the week.

In the last year I've covered home cooking, in crowds, my stitching (in several parts that are listed at the side), the ex-boss, and spam that I get in my e-inbox. I've suffered through the commenting system being up and down, used this as a gathering and redirect place for the TWBB when it went down due to ezboard's maintenance taking too long, and kept people around the world up to date with what I've been thinking about lately. Originally this was just going to be the place where I ramble about my stitching, and do the occasional core dump of my brain if I have something that's really bugging me. Instead, it became the place where I do regular core-dumps and analysis of everything under the sun, and occasionally talk about stitching.

I have no idea what I'm going to cover going foward, but as long as people do things that interest me, then I guess I'll keep writing about them. So, I'm raising my tea in toast to one year of successful and consistent blogging, and to another year where I hopefully can continue it. Of course, if someone offered me a book contract for these articles, then I would *have* to continue writing, right? So you're not getting rid of me that easily because I don't have a book contract. Oh yes, some bloggers have ended up with good book contracts...

...and I have to keep writing to be able to earn one.



And now, it's your turn. I just went through some of my memories of this blog. You tell me what *your* best memories of this blog (or worst), or some memory of me (good or bad, I can take it... I think). Yes, I stole this shamelessly from a determined lady with her little world... Yes, it's an ego thing. But at least I'm honest with you about it. Here's the text:

Post a memory you have of me. Any memory at all. Then post this in your own blog if you want to see what others remember about you.