site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, October 11, 2004
Monday Memes...

...But first I have to say that making an apple pie with Granny Smith apples grown in your own backyard (that also houses a Fuji apple tree, thus the cross pollenation makes for a sweeter apple) is truly an experience.

And it was the first time I ever made an apple pie. *licks a little cinnamon from her fingers* Yum.

And I apologize for the late posting of this - the network at work was being evil - more on that tomorrow...

First off, Sunday Brunch!
1) What is your favorite Disney movie and why?

Oh, there are so many! I grew up in a Disney household - my father's uncle, or godparent (I can never recall which) was one of the folks who was responsible for 'Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah' - and I so wish that that movie would come out of the Disney vaults and be released on DVD, but I know that that's a pipe dream.

Let's see. There's 'Lady and the Tramp', and 'Aladdin' (you bet I have my copy of that already), and 'Aristocats'.... They're all individually unique for their own reasons... and everybody wants to be a cat...

2) Who is your favorite Disney character and why?

Another hard one. There's Jasmine (from Aladdin) - a smart cookie with an independant spirit, and Jack Skellington (from Nightmare Before Christmas) - the lost soul looking for the one thing to make him happy and complete. You're making me choose which is my favorite child here, and I don't think I can give you a real concrete answer, but reasons for loving all of them.

3) What is your favorite Disney song and why?

'A Whole New World' from Aladdin holds a special place in my heart as that's what DH and I danced to as our first dance at our wedding. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that that's also the first animated Disney movie that DH and I saw together.

There's also 'Can you Feel the Love Tonight' - from Lion King. But it has to be the version sung by Timon and Pumbaa that ends "...in short, our pal, is doomed" which a couple of friends sang to us at the wedding.

I have wonderfully twisted friends, and that makes sense when you think that I am slightly twisted too, because I also count 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws' and 'This is Halloween' from Nightmare Before Christmas among my favorites.

4) Disneyland or Disneyworld? Why?

Disneyland, but only because I've never been to Disneyworld. Yet.

5) Do you have any decorations or articles of clothing in your home that are Disney and what are they?

Oh boy, A has her favorite 'Lilo and Stitch' shirt with Stitch on the front, and B has a shirt with Tinkerbell on it, and I've got a few with Pooh and Tigger on them. There's also a Nightmare Before Christmas 10th anniversary shirt hiding in my closet (an acquisition from my August trip to Disneyland). If I'd realized how much a certain friend loves this movie, I would have snagged one of those for her and popped it in the mail. I've got a stuffed 'Sully' from Monsters Inc staring down from the top of the video shelves, and we've got a few Pooh Bears and Tiggers scattered about here and there. And a very special snowglobe a very special friend gave A when she was born - with the theme of 'Alice in Wonderland'.

And now...the Stitcher's Question of the Week:
You've just been given a $100 gift certificate to buy anything cross stitch or needlework related - what would you spend it on right now?

Oh boy… what would I spend it on? Probably not myself, for the most part. I have a secret stitcher to spoil, so part of it would go towards that I’m sure. And then there’s various friends that I would probably send a couple of goodies to. Of course, I can’t say what goodies or what friends because someone would inevitably feel left out (without my meaning to leave them out, it’s only $100 after all).

If there’s anything left over, then I’d start thinking about spending it on myself. Maybe a nice skein of silk or find some delicas or magnificas somewhere… or I’d save just enough (however much that may be) for TW’s Illuminata – for when it comes out in February.