site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Wednesday is Meme Day...

...Considering I run across ones that are interesting, and I have the Wednesday Matinee, I've decided that I'll add Sunday Brunch, but do it this time on Wednesday. Next week it should be safely set on Mondays with the Stitcher's Question of the Week.

So, first up, the Sunday Brunch:
1) If you had a wedding, what flowers did you have at your wedding?

Oh, I had orchids as the main flowers, with some small rosebuds, and I can't recall what else. But those orchids... oh pretty.

2) What is your favorite flower?

Any flower that doesn't send me into sneezing fits for days. Seriously. I love roses - I don't have any issues with them, unless they've been artificially perfumed (believe me, you can tell the difference).

3) Do you have flowers as part of your landscaping outside or your interior decor?

There's a couple of rose bushes, and some tea roses that are looking straggly, and something else that I don't know the name of, but planted a long time ago. I'd like more green bushes than flowers though. Something that would stay throughout the year (it *is* California, most things will stay green) with not that much upkeep.

4) If you went to your high school prom(s), what kind of flower did you wear in your corsage or boutonniere?

Pink and white carnation. That's all I'm going to say about the prom. It's just better to keep it that way.

5) Do you like to receive flowers as a gift or do you think it is a waste of money?

Oh, I love receiving flowers as a gift. Color me sentimental and gooshy and girly, although I'm almost never girly. I'm a softie romantic, and I love flowers.



...and now, the Wednesday Matinee!
The meme is on fire!

1. What's your favorite disaster movie?

Do nuclear disasters count? Then it has to be "Red Dawn"... otherwise, it has to be "Titanic". How much bigger of a disaster movie can you get? I've never been one for the 'Godzilla' movies, or the tidal waves through towns, so "Titanic" has to be it.

2. What's your favorite John Travolta movie?

"Grease" - how could you not love that movie? "Face/Off" ranks right up there if you ignore some very glaring issues. DH seems to like "Broken Arrow" because Travolta gets his butt whooped. I've not seen "Battlefield Earth", or maybe I did and I slept through it or completely blocked it from memory. That's probably not a bad thing, since I hear it was really bad.

You can't get those two hours of your life back bad - that's how bad it's supposed to be.

3. What do you think of celebrity endorsements for political office?

What celebrity doesn't have a political opinion and find some way to voice it. Sure, there are the obvious ones, like Jane Fonda, and Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon... there are others that make their statements in the movies they make. Personally, I don't mind the endorsements, as long as they're subtle or reasonably said and not turned into some sort of crusade speech.