site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, September 20, 2004
Shop Dreams...

...this week's Stitcher's Question of the Week. If you're close to straying from the Wagon, or on the Wagon Challenge and ready to lean off, you may not want to read the following. That said, read at your own risk.

If you could design your dream needlework/cross stitch shop, what would it be like?

Oh, now, you wouldn't want me to give away all my greatest ideas would you? Ah, I guess you do.

First off, it would be a very spacious shop - at least 5000 sq ft. Plenty of natural light, good comfortable seating near that natural light. Two different seating areas, so if multiple groups come in, they don't have to be seated near each other if they don't want to be.

Fabrics - there would be a generous selection of fabrics. Of course, the standards would be there, but so would some good overdyes - Sugar Maple comes to mind.

Fibers - the usual - DMC, Anchor, Caron, Kreinik, Crescent Colours, and Vikki Clayton (if she could be convinced to sell to a store) - this is my dream, after all.

Charts - name it. We'd probably have it or could get it. There would definitely be a well stocked section of my favorites: TW, Dracolair, Mirabilia, Dragon Dreams, Dimples... and many others.

Gadgets - Piecemaker Needles, petites by whomever is a general favorite, lots of other great goodies and gadgets. Maybe some shop exclusives in terms of count keepers....

Ah, so many details I could go on for hours, but I won't. And honestly, the shop of my dreams pretty much almost exists. It's Needle in a Haystack! They're big, they're spacious, lots of light, plenty of seating, and most of the things I've mentioned above they have... and then some.

I hope those that are on the Wagon who've read this far are still firmly on it.