site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, September 15, 2004

...For those who didn't read yesterday's - go read it. DH poured a couple of glasses of wine into me last night, so I was nice and relaxed and my eyes started crossing when I was stitching and watching CSI (Season 1 on DVD) so for that, I'm cheating and doing the Wednesday matinee, and you need to read yesterday's entry.

If you already have, then read it again.
If you're tired of reading it again, then you'll just have to wait for tomorrow's spot of inspiration.



Meme 3000

1. What's your favorite movie featuring a sport?

Does kickboxing count? Well, it wasn't featured in 'Say Anything', but it was there. For the life of me, I can't think of any movie that I really loved that features a sport. No, I've not seen 'Bend it Like Beckham' yet - it's in the queue.

2. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this fall?

Pixar's 'The Incredibles' and Dreamworks' 'Shark Tale' (which used to be called SharkSlayer, and I think I have something that has that original name on it too - can't recall why they changed the name). Otherwise, I've been happily oblivious to things that are coming out in the fall/winter, so there could be something that would jump the two of those easily and I just don't know it.

3. Should actors do their own stunts?

If they can be insured, and really want to have an element of reality as those camera close-up shots get better and better, then yeah. I have a lot of respect for an actor who can put his/her rear on the line with a good stunt. Look at Jennifer Garner and all the training she goes through for 'Alias' and 'Daredevil' and the DD spinoff, 'Elektra' - she kicks some serious keyster. Herself. For most of her stunt fighting. I have great respect for that. More actors should do that, but they won't - it becomes an age, injury, insurance thing after a while. They don't want to cripple themselves out of a job. I can't blame them for that, but still, if you're young and in good shape, and not an abject coward then you should give the stunt training a go.

After all, isn't the job of an actor to fool the viewer into thinking that they are and they do exactly what they're doing and being on screen? And those extra touches of realism just make it that much better?

But then, how many of these action films that require stunts are truly realistic? Almost none. So reality becomes a non-entity, and escapism wins again.

~Change Your Ring Tone Bonus~ Do you confront noisy people at the movies?
Only if they're really annoying. And I turn my phone to vibrate in the theatre.