site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, September 24, 2004
The Friday Forum...

....Or is it the Friendly Forum? Hrm...



1] What qualities in a friendship are most important to you?
Honesty, integrity, good communication, laughter, support, there are so many things and I can't list them all.

2] Who is your oldest friend [in terms of how long you've known the person? Who is your newest friend? How did you meet both of them, and why do you get along so well?
My oldest friend would have to be the infamous sportswriter from the Pacific Northwest that I did the Wedding Sampler for. I met him in high school - we had some mutual friends, and just started hanging out. We get along because we have equally bizarre senses of humor and aligned viewpoints on life. That and Monty Python.

My newest friend, I would have to say, is someone from the East Coast that I chat with on IM regularly now. I won't blow her cover... but she's a pretty cool lady.

3] Have you ever met someone, become really close friends with them, and then drifted apart for some reason? How did it happen, and did you ever try to get back in touch with that person?

Yeah, and i'm not really sure what happened. It was high school - maybe that is just what happens in high school though. Hrm. I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to get in touch with her though.

4] Do you feel that men and women can be good friends? Why/why not? Do you have any close friends of the opposite sex?

I absolutely think that men and women can be good friends. DH and I are friends. I'm friends with the IE here at work, and a few other guys (it kind of comes with the territory when you're one of two women on the senior management team for operations - all the other 11 are men - you make friends with them). The sportswriter I mentioned in question 1 is a pretty close friend too. I've always made more friends with men than with women. Maybe it's because they're less likely to stab me in the back. Dunno.

5] Do you tend to make friends easily? Why/why not? Do you have many online friends? Which of your friends lives the closest to you?

Yeah, I think I make friends pretty easily. I'm an outgoing sort of person. And yes, I have lots of online friends as well. That's also come with the territory.

And I think I answered which of my friends lives closest to me - he lives in my own house.



Sorry for the short answers, but I've got lots to do, and not lots of time to do it in. Have a great weekend, and I'll explore this subject a little more at a later date...