site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, June 03, 2005
It's Doughnut Day....

...and no, I'm not bumping the Friday Forum questions for this, but considering that I've not seen them come out yet, that's a moot point.

It's National Doughnut Day, and I can't have any. I'm still nursing this tummy bug, and I'm starting to get a little pain in my back/hip again, and I'm sleepy. Yes, I'm feeling just a little grumpy at the moment because I skipped my usual Friday ritual of sliding into Starbucks and grabbing a hot chocolate with caramel.

I drove past Krispy Kreme this morning. I could have easily driven through and picked up a nice custard filled, chocolate glazed wonder. And probably gotten it free, since participating Krispy Kremes are giving away a single doughnut (of your choice) to customers in honor of the day. I'd probably pay for it later, but it would be so worth it. Even if it's filled with as much as 25% fat.

I covered doughnuts last year in my blog - when my calendar program showed Doughnuts Day as a real holiday.

Anyway, I hope all of you enjoy National Doughnut Day (or not, if you don't like doughnuts) and have a wonderful weekend. I'm just going to sit here and wish for my digestive system to take pity on me and let me have a doughnut for dessert later tonight.