site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, May 20, 2005
It's Friday... We made it...

...May the Force be with you... always. Yup yup, today's Friday Forum is all about Star Wars.

1) Are you a "Star Wars" fan? Will you be seeing the movie anytime soon (or if you already have, tell us what you thought of it).

Oh you bet I’m a Star Wars fan – I have been since I was a little girl, and my kids first “grown-up” movie that they saw (and were cognizant of) was the original Star Wars. I’ve not seen the new movie yet – I’m saving that for next Friday, because I took the day off to have a long weekend.

2) Have you ever attended any "Star Wars" conventions or dressed up as a "Star Wars" character? If not, do you think that you ever would? What do you think of the fans who stand in line for hours and hours to get movie tickets?

I’ve never attended any of the ‘cons’ or dressed up as such. Con attendance is simply because I can’t immerse myself into that sort of mentality, and dressing up hasn’t happened because I didn’t have the means or opportunity. I may do that someday. As for standing in line for tickets, well, I’m guilty of that. I was in line for Return of the Jedi for *hours* prior so that I could see a 9am showing on opening day.

3) Who is your favorite "Star Wars" character? Why? Which "Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

You’re making me pick a favorite? That’s like asking me to pick a favorite child. Oh wait, there’s at least one that I don’t like. I think it has to be the original Star Wars with Return of the Jedi a very close second (it would be first if it weren’t for those darn Ewoks. I don’t have a favorite character... oh wait, yes I do. Han Solo. Indiana Jones in space - I'm all for it (of course, back then he was only known as Bob Falfa, a.k.a. the guy in the cool car in American Graffiti.

4) Do you own or collect any "Star Wars" merchandise or memorabilia? If so, what? Do you plan on buying any "Episode III" items?

DH has a piece of memorabilia – he’s got a button that says “May the Force Be With You” that he got when standing in line for the original movie back in 1977. I don’t have anything for myself, although I think I’d love a Darth Tater.

5) Are you on "the light side" or "the dark side"? :)

There’s a 'light side'? I thought it was the Dark Side of the Force, and the Jedi. Ah well... I’m with Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Solo.