site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, May 13, 2005
It's Friday... thank goodness...

...it's time again for the Friday Forum!

1) What haven't you done yet in your life that you'd really like to do someday? Why? Will you do any of those things in the near future? Are you making progress toward them?

Um... I've not really thought about it. I guess I'd like to travel to some different places in the world that I've not had the opportunity (or resources) to travel to. Making progress? I wouldn't say that... at least not at the moment.

I think I'd like to make it through just 6-12 months without someone taking me on as their personal mental punching bag, or target of absolute hatred (for reasons unknown to me), or other crap like that. But I don't have any control over that unless I become a hermit.

2) If you could completely start your life over from scratch, what would you do differently the second time around (if anything)? Why?

Start over from scratch... could I pick my parents? No? Well, I didn't turn out too badly (that's my own opinion, I'm sure someone reading this is scoffing at that statement), so I'm really nor sure what I'd do over.

3) What do you think you'll be like when you're 70, 80, 90, possibly even 100 years old? Where do you think you'll be living, and what activities do you think you'll enjoy?

I'd love to be 100 and still moving around with a bunch of spunk and spirit and enjoying life. Maybe not hang-gliding, but still moving around under my own steam. As for where I'll be living? Who knows - maybe they'll have the outpost on Mars by then.

4) What ages do you think have been the best for you so far? Why? What do you think of your current age ... are you enjoying it? Are you looking forward to your next birthday?

Ages that have been the best for me? Well, anything past 18 has been good, but trying to narrow those down? 18 was excellent, 20 was pretty darn good too, 30 was a nice year. I've really never thought that much about it or about why, other than 18 was because I was finally out from under my parents influence 24/7.

As for my current age... I'm good with 33. It's just a number after all. And yes, I'm looking forward to my next birthday but that's only because it's my next appreciable amount of scheduled time off from work.

5)What do you feel is most important in life?

Life, love, the pursuit of happiness. Taking satisfaction in what you do without being overbearingly obnoxious about it. Learning that sometimes life can't be perfect, and being ok with that.



Ok folks, it's Friday the 13th... for all who are superstitious, take care today and perhaps you shouldn't have the computer on. For those who aren't, well, welcome to the weekend!