site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Yesterday...

...first full day at home with back injury.

Got up and worked. Took lots of breaks. Read a book, took a walk, iced my back... Motrin from the morning didn't kick in. So I took the Robaxin (the muscle relaxant). Would you believe *it* didn't kick in? Took a little edge off of things because I could move ever-so-slightly better, but that's about it.

Took a longer walk. One that should have taken under 10 minutes took over 20 because I was shuffling slower than an arthritic 80 year old man on his way to a prostate exam. So then I took a Vicodin. And I didn't get sleepy. And I didn't get euphoric. And I was still acutely aware of my back.

So, on the floor, more ice. The most that it managed to do was to make me a little sleepy.

Ah well... I went to bed, having only taken Motrin with dinner and iced my back for a half hour, and here I am again, about to start the cycle over again...

...and I hope today's pain is less. At least it doesn't make me cry anymore.