site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, May 23, 2005
It's Monday...

...And I had a pretty darn good weekend. Apparently A is part of a baseball team that is currently in first place in her very small school league. YAY A! I got a sunburn for my trouble however... darn it. It was worth it though. That and the local GTG was fantastic - it was wonderful seeing everyone, and meeting Karoline (a UKBBer) and shopping, natually. I was good, I only picked up a chart I wanted (Mirabilia's Enchanted Mermaid) and some Kreiniks and beads I need for something else.

I also managed to bang my knee on something, but I'm really not sure what, and I think that hurts more than the burn, but at least my back is holding on pretty darn well. Ok, enough of me, and let's get on to yesterday's Sunday Brunch!



"Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me." -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

1) Do you live in a place where it snows often? Describe your typical winter and how often it snows/ices/sleets.

Winter? Here? Riiiiiight. For those who don't know, I live in the heart of Silly.com Valley (a.k.a. Silicon Valley) in the San Francisco Bay Area. If it snowed and sleeted here, it would make national news. Maybe international news.

Winter here is pretty much a non-event: it rains, it gets cold (yeah, like maybe it gets down into the high 20s at night in the dead of winter), and it's cloudy all the time. That's it.

2) Have you ever been snow skiing? Where have you gone?

I've been snow skiing once, up at Squaw Valley. I was in college, I went up for a day with some friends, and I couldn't handle the pressure on my knees so I stopped. And that was *after* all the PT and rehab on them. I don't think that I'm cut out to ski.

3) What is your favorite part of winter?

Favorite part of winter? Considering the winters we have here... I'd have to say when there's a really good heavy storm coming in. I love the anticipation and excitement that goes along with it - not the fear excitement, but the possibility of having some really good weather: like the water we desperately need at times, and maybe some thunder and lightning (an occurrence that's all too rare around here)

4) If you had the choice, would you move somewhere where there was a hard winter?

Nah. I'm California wimpy, born and bred. I like visiting places where there is snow, but I don't think that I could handle a hard winter. I'd probably hibernate.

5) What is your favorite winter activity or sport?

I don't have one, unless you count puddle stomping in the sad excuse for winter we Californians have, or drinking spiked hot chocolate at night.



Well, that's it for me... hopefully I'll have something more entertaining tomorrow, because I haven't given it any thought.