site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, March 25, 2005
Five Questions....

...Since there's no Friday Forum today (so far, and that's ok, because the owner of the list had a baby a few days ago, and I don't blame her for putting the little guy first...) I dug into my archives and found some old questions that I'd hunted down from the original Friday Five (before it died) and some others that I found interesting and had just saved as a draft.

Would you believe that I've had these sitting around for almost a year now, and never touched them... even when I was hurting for something to write?

"ONE night in Bangkok ..." If you could do absolutely anything you wanted to tonight, what would you choose to do, and why?

Wow... anything? There are so many things I'd want to do - ditch the kids and do a pub crawl with DH... Get A, B and DH to go off somewhere so I can watch movies and stitch... be happy with a small bowl of chips watching SG1 (oh wait, I probably *will* be doing exactly this tonight).

"TWO hearts ... believing in just one mind ..." Can they?

Yes, I believe they can, and you don't have to be so-called soulmates. DH and I thinking quite a bit along the same lines most of the time. As do a few friends of mine. And if you're thinking that this should refer to finishing sentences of another person, I've got a couple of friends like that too.

"It's THREE a.m., I must be lonely ..." When's the last time that you felt lonely? What did you do?

Last time I felt lonely was two days ago in my office while I was pondering what was for lunch. Thankfully, a friend showed up and said we're going out to lunch because we need to get away from the office. He was right, but I think it was more for him than for me because he's close to burning out.

Before that, the last time I felt lonely when I was at home and the kids were playing, and DH was on the computer, and I didn't really have anything that I wanted to do. I'm not saying that the world has to entertain me, but it would have been nice to have been included into something...

" ... when I'm sixty-FOUR ..." What do you think you'll be like when you're 64 years old?

Well, there are two things that could happen, assuming I'm still alive when I'm 64. First - I could be a very crotchety woman who is bitter and doesn't like anything and is afraid of the world. Since I don't really like that outcome, I will be resisting it as much as possible and veering towards the second.

Second - I could still be a very productive member of society, probably still working although I would love to be retired, still stitching, and still going outside my personal comfort zones to try new things.

Of course, that means I'd have to start stepping outside my current personal comfort zones to try something new pretty soon, now wouldn't it?

"Workin' 9 to FIVE ..." What's the most fun job that you've ever had?

Work is supposed to be fun? I think my most fun job has to be the one that I'm in now. I've been the Head Frisbee Wrangler and the Master Number Twister here... sometimes both at the same time.



Well, that's it for this week, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow I head for a trunk show for bridesmaids dresses with a good friend for her wedding in a year (yes, I'm a bridesmaid and not just along for the ride). Sunday will bring Easter on my doorstep, so it looks like it's going to be a really busy weekend and I won't get a lot of rest/breaks/etc to just *be*.