site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, February 03, 2004
The changing face of daily life...

*sigh* Little snippets of lots of things today. Some of them things that are undermining my resolution to smile more.


Today I found an email that stated that a good friend has decided to walk away from the internet, the BBs, and IMs (presumably, since she's not on this morning) - she has her reasons which she stated in as few words as possible. I'm sure those were difficult words to put together too.

To get this in an email was a bit of a shock, and I cobbled together as good a response as I could. I'm sorry to see her leave, but I understand her reasons.

{{{{HUG}}}}


Today someone IM'd me and asked if I knew if someone was for real with a statement that they had made. I asked them, as I've asked everyone else who has posed that query to me, what *they* thought.

'Bit Fishy' was the response. Yes, I have to agree (and have on previous occasions)... and I think staying away from that individual is probably a good idea.


Today another friend asked me for some professional advice. I gave her my opinion about some training she was waffling on. Now she told her supervisor she's interested, and he (as per usual behavior with him) is being cagey about whether or not she should go, even though the remainder of her peer group in the department is going.... and she's falling into it.

Go to the training. Push for it, hon. Deadlines can fail... they would if something happened that would have you out of the office. Training like this doesn't come 'round very often. Go for it.


DH had a 'meeting' yesterday. He calls it a meeting; I call it an interview. He's excited - I haven't heard him like that in a while. It went well too. That's always a good bonus. Hopefully this will lead to a good situation where my peace of mind can be restored.


Work: some things never change. The ex-boss is at it again - dumping stuff on me that he wants done ASAP at the beginning of a month. When he also wants the previous month's stats ASAP. One more month of this, and I'm going to have to sit down and have a serious talk with the guy about his expectations.

Not that he'll listen in the first place. That and he's asking someone to ask me for something that I know he has because he nagged me about it 3 or 4 months ago.


Someone who never visits the BB I frequent visited today and posted something in my forum. I'm not sure if I should move it to another forum or let it be.

I'm sure if I email and state that it needs to be elsewhere, or just go ahead and move it, it will start a firestorm from this individual and her cronies that they're being persecuted. *sigh*

Sometimes it sucks to be me.


My local newspaper did a poll a few months ago about the best and the worst of the comics. The problem is, with only 5 choices for the best and 5 choices for the worst, it leaves a lot of room for mediocrity in the middle of a pack of more than 20 comics.

So far, they've dropped a couple that I could care less about, and kept a couple I could care less about. But they dropped one that I was really getting into - The Big Picture. Ah well, I guess Silly-con Valley doesn't understand middle-aged balding musician dreamers....

*looks around at the various comic-reading engineers she has worked with in her career and some of the middle management that she's spent time with discussing musical pursuits* .... I wonder why they don't?