site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
A happy ending...

*For those who haven't read it yet, please read Bella's story, about a lost-and-found Golden Retriever, just under this post...*

Bella is going home. The family that adopted her as a present for their 10 year old daughter has returned Bella to her rightful original owner. The daughter, according to reports, is devastated - and sadly so, since she had bonded with the dog.

Bella's mistress has offered to buy the child another dog, and the Humane Society has also stepped up to search for another dog for the girl at no cost.

While I feel sad for the girl, I am relieved that Bella is going home. It makes me happy I didn't know about any of this prior to taking my dog in this afternoon to have her groomed, boarded, and 'chipped'. It wouldn't have made a difference if I'd known beforehand though. Sasha will have a handy dandy microchip implanted in her shoulder blades in the morning...

... and I'll sleep better knowing that if her tags ever disappeared, we could still someday get her back.