site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, January 19, 2004
Lots of little things today...

For all you Blogspeak users, you probably know by now that all the comments are being moved over to HaloScan. If you're already on Haloscan, then you can request for your comments to be moved over. Go read your email, and read the message to BlogSpeak users on the HaloScan website. I'm going to be moving the comments over so that everything's in one place.


For all the television watchers (maybe some spoilers out here)...

CSI - so...is Grissom finally going to take a step towards Sara after that last case, or do you think that it's going to drive him further away from the hurt since the last victim looked like her? And Sara now knows Grissom's words for not going along for the ride since she was listening to the questioning of the suspect.

Oh, and for those really rabid CSI fans... there's a third one coming. CSI: New York... Manhattan to be exact.

ER - come on, come on... Weaver with a baby now? How the heck did she manage to convince Sandy to go through with it? Next question: who's the father - is anyone screaming Romano at the screen? *nods* Yes, I thought you were. Next: Carter and Kem - who still think that the baby isn't Carter's? Yeah, I know you're out there.

Alias - *laughs heartily* So, Mrs. Vaughn is evil. I saw that one coming from the very first introduction to Sydney - even before I knew the stuff that was coming down the line. And, by the way, If you think Lauren's bad *now*, you'd better hold on to your seat. *snicker*

24 - all is not what it seems, from what I hear. And that's all I'm going to say about that because it may not come to pass.


Movie remakes - now, this is a tricky one. Normally I'm against them if it's a really good film, and violently against them if it's a bad film (because, honestly, remakes usually are worse than the original, and why make a bad film worse).

But I have revoke my opinion against remakes because I saw a really good one this weekend. One that really honored the original movie. TNT remade 'The Goodbye Girl'. Of course, during commercials they kept calling it an 'original movie', which had DH and I stunned at the same time because we both knew it was a remake.

DH had never sat through all of the original film, so much of it that he saw (while he was wandering in and out of the room) had him laughing. I, being a Neil Simon fan since I was little, have seen this movie several times, and it ranks as one of my all time favorites. So I was nervous upon hearing of a remake, which I only learned about during Christmas week. Three days before it aired I heard that Neil Simon had complete control over it and had updated the script himself, and so I had some faith. But the actors made me nervous - not so much about Patricia Heaton taking over Marsha Mason's role as Paula, but Jeff Daniels as Elliott Garfield? Could he possibly be as neurotic as Richard Dreyfuss was?

The answer to that is easy. Of course not. NO ONE can be as neurotic as Dreyfuss was in that role. But Daniels did a most excellent job as Elliott, and I still was a little teary eyed at the end - or as much as I could be since 4 other guys had shown up to game with DH and I, and I was only half paying attention at the end (yes, I taped it). So I figure that if I gave the film my full attention, I'd be crying full out, and I'll have to find that out in a night or two when I put the tape in to watch it again.

In short, I highly recommend seeing this movie when it cycles back around on TNT, or if it comes out on DVD. And that's big coming from me because I look at 'The Goodbye Girl' as the gold standard for modern relationship movies.


What is it with little kids and socks? Either they never want to take them off, or they never want to put them on. Or is that just my kids? *sigh*


Someone once said (and I don't recall who, because I tossed the scrap of paper) that if you mis-button the first button of your coat, it's inevitable that all the other buttons will be mis-buttoned too. Apply that to your life and assumptions that you make, and you'll be more careful in your thinking about things. Trust me. I am.


What is it about warm tea and rain outside? There's something that's so... comforting about it. It takes on a whole new dimension when it's storming outside, with heavy rains and high winds - that's when you start thinking about how fragile life can be. Especially when you're sitting by a floor to ceiling plate glass window. Thankfully, today I'm just feeling comforted. All I'd need is a blanket across my legs, and then I'd truly be happy.


Now, remember as you go about your day, to question everything. If you don't, then I'd hate to be you. Remember, questioning doesn't always mean that you don't believe in something in front of you...

... it can also be a sign of great curiosity in pursuit of further knowledge.