site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, January 09, 2004
The ramblings for today....

... are varied and sundry.



Once again, I'm reminded that you shouldn't put anything out in a blog on the web that you wouldn't mind printing in a newspaper. I wish my former boss would keep that in mind when he posts online personal ads. Especially ones that state "Smokes Occasionally" when in reality, he's a human chimney.

Poor guy... It's great that he's trying to get out there, but when entire departments know about it from the 'net, it's not healthy.

Stay tuned to future blogs as I'll probably muse more about what goes out on the web coming back to haunt you in a couple of weeks or so...



For you ER watchers... raise your hand (or join the comment tree at the end of today's ramblings) if you think that Kem's kid is really Luka's. Or someone else's other than Carter's? *raises hand up waaaaaaay high because a prickly feeling is telling her this is so*



For you CSI watchers... come on, I could have gotten rid of the evidence a little better than the sis did last night - you bash the head in with a rock, make sure the blood splatter is minimal, and then set the body on fire on wood raft on the river that you could keep in place using a chain or something until it's not necessary/all burnt up... not near a tree where the rings would pick up the toxic leftovers from the burnt gas.

I really need to finish those books I started writing years ago.



A scary thought from my planner: A typical American consumes nearly one ton of food and drink every year. Makes you think twice about your diet, doesn't it? Wouldn't you rather eat one ton of healthy foods, rather than one ton of burgers and fries? *ponders this for a few* Well... if there weren't any health and weight repercussions on eating that ton of burgers and fries...



Why is it that some of the most kind-hearted people I know are the ones that are hurt the most? I know someone who is very frustrated about a couple of situations, and one of them involves her getting a group together to help someone else. Unfortunately, no one wants to help from what I hear.

I'm sure my friend thinks that it's because no one likes *her* which I'm sure isn't the case, but that they think the recipient of the kindness is odd - and that is something out of her control due to a medical condition.

A related thought - I think I hate the saying about the squeaky wheel getting the grease - sometimes those nice quiet wheels that you don't hear squeaking need some grease too. Everyone can always use a little kind maintenance whether they think they need it or not.



Another quote: If the first button of one's coat is wrongly buttoned, all the rest will be crooked. Think about that one and how it applies to one wrong assumption - the cornerstone on which many a comedy movie has been built on. Or how just one lesson learned badly in life could lead to many other things built badly upon it.



Does it mean anything when you wake up in the middle of the night and note the time, close your eyes, have a fully detailed long dream that shows a lifetime of experiences with an ex (or someone other than your current significant other), and a voice just behind your left shoulder says that he will never be happy because he ignored the true path of life with you, and you wake up to find only one minute has passed?



Sorry if I've been a downer today, but I can't seem to find my focus today for anything I've touched or done. *sigh*