site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, January 29, 2004
You can buy anything...

... on the internet. More specifically, you can buy *anything* at Amazon.com.

The following is not an endorsement of Amazon, but merely a commentary. To think I'm endorsing them (despite the fact that I have bought things there) would be incorrect.

DH and I were talking earlier this week, and I mentioned that I had a new resolution for the year - to smile more. People who meet me for the first time either tell me I'm exactly how they pictured, or I'm nothing like it and I don't want to know what they thought. But in 100% of the cases they all pinned a great big smile on me.

Considering I was once the ultimate sarcastic cynic, go figure.

Anyway, I was getting very tired, and I hadn't smiled much yesterday when I wandered into DH's office and found that he was putting together an Amazon order. I asked what he was buying, and he said 'condoms'. I was pretty sure he was kidding. Then I looked at the computer screen.

Amazon.com sells condoms. Go figure. I knew they sold lots and lots of stuff, but that one just blew me away. And then I smiled. Followed by a lot of laughing. So this morning I decided to soujourn to Amazon.com and find out what else they sell that I didn't know about.

And no, I honestly don't know if he actually placed that order or if he did it just to see my reaction.

I can get Saddle Soap that removes waxy buildup, and a felt Sheath for a machete. I can get the machete too for it... but I can't seem to locate the saddle for the soap.

I can get a seven sectioned whip chain - like the kind a Ninja would use. I can also get a riding crop for that horse that I could get the saddle soap for. I probably could get a rope so that I could ride the horse, but I can't get a horse on Amazon. Well, not a real one.

You can get someone else's opinions from Amazon - like the lists of top Musicians who aren't making the American Top 40 anymore (which includes folks like Suzanne Vega, A-ha, and David Byrne)... you could order a S'mores maker (which I can have delivered tomorrow, but they don't include any of the ingredients)... and a multicolored set of 12 bungee cords.

I can find...*cough* ... male enhancement pills, and order a 12 inch pepperoni pizza from Schwans.

And as I start looking for more things to think about searching for, it hits me. Amazon.com is the WalMart of the internet. You can find almost anything there, at a reasonable price (and free shipping over $25). And if you don't want to buy it yourself, you can always add it to your wish list...

...and somehow it seems fitting that you can add the condoms to your wedding registry.