site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, January 27, 2004
...And we're back...

... to our regularly scheduled programming. Or irregularly, depending on how you view these writings.

I've been out playing hooky for a few days. It was called A Company Trip. Ah, no, not one of those boring types of tradeshow things that leave you so exhausted you don't know one airport from the next. It was one of those fun ones that leave you so exhausted you're not sure if you can sleep.

It was a trip to Park City, Utah.

Some of you may not be too impressed with that. After all, what's in Park City besides snow? Or, as a very cool t-shirt put it, it's a "quaint little drinking town with a skiing problem".

The Sundance Film Festival, that's what. Second year in a row that the company has brought us all out to Sundance, and I loved every second of it. And DH got to come along too.

We had a gorgeous dinner at Purple Sage the first time with the other members of my team and our boss. We walked around until about 10pm in the cold. We went to a studio party thrown for the company by one of the major studios. I didn't see anyone famous this year - at least not that I could recognize... We didn't see any breakout films, other than an outstanding shorts program. If you ever get an opportunity to see "Harvie Krumpet", narrated by the ever-intriguing Geoffrey Rush, see it. DH and I are still talking about it and it's been 3 days since we saw it.

Throughout it all, we called the kids every night. And about the second night all I wanted was a hug from B. She sounded so small and sad on the phone when she'd bring up that she missed us. A sounded very brave and happy, but I could hear a little something there that said she wished we were home.

I missed them so much while I was gone, and they did both attempt to knock me over on my back with their hugs. I giggled at it all, I was so happy to see them. You see, I've rarely been away from them since they were born. I went to Sundance last year, but I was gone for two nights, and they were with DH. Los Angeles the year before, gone for two nights. This was the first time that they were going to be away from DH & I for more than one night...

They survived. We survived. We'll do better next time. And no, I didn't talk incessantly about the kids while I was gone.

I missed my dog too... who, by the way, was microchipped at the vet while she boarded there. I am a very happy doggy mommy now.

Anyway, my travels were interesting... I had lunch with a good friend in the Phoenix airport along the way (and DH liked her, which was good... he worried about not remembering her name). Went to Salt Lake City on Saturday and shop-hopped stitching and bead shops with another good friend while our DHs spent the day together and we worried about whether or not they'd get along. Turns out we didn't need to worry... they got along pretty darn well.

The BB I frequent behaved itself while I was gone... they partied. I love it. It's just like it used to be long ago when I first joined up, and I truly hope that the atmosphere lasts for a while.

Anyway... no matter my travels, or how wonderful my adventures, it is certainly good to be home. Have a wonderful day, everyone, while I slog through my emails and catch up with the ever present and growing piles of data...

... now, where the heck is my calculator?