site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Saturday, November 20, 2004
It's Friday...

...and the Friday Forum provided me with questions that I could just go on and on about... and have in the past.




1) What would you absolutely *love* to do, if only you weren't terribly afraid of doing it?

Skydiving (I really don't wanna break any bones and I bruise easily). Bungee jumping (for a third time, but they always say third time's a charm, and I don't wanna push my luck). Skiing (bad knees and I don't need any more botanical friends). Mountain biking down a hill with rocks and dirt (I fall off bikes almost every time I ride them and limp away with blood injuries - I really shouldn't ride them.)

2) What's the sexiest piece of clothing that you own? [Let's exclude lingerie.] How do you feel when you put it on? Where do you usually wear this clothing?

I don't think I own anything that I consider sexy, except maybe my little black dress. Now, I'm sure my DH will read this and say I *do* because he's bought a couple of things, but his conception of that and mine are not the same. Hell, I'm still trying to define mine conception of what 'sexy' is to me. I think I'm more comfortable not having it defined and being cozy over sexy.

3) What is your opinion of reality TV shows? Do you watch any of them? If you could create your own reality TV show, what would it be and why? Would you ever want to be a contestant on a reality TV show?

I hate reality shows - that said, there are two exceptions, and I'm not sure you could call them reality shows. Mythbusters and Junkyard Wars. I'd love to be on either show (Junkyard Wars being the 'game show' of the two). For more on my take on reality shows, you should read my blog entitled Reality... on Television? (click here)

4) What words in the English language do you think are completely overused? Do you find yourself saying any of them? If you could ban particular words from the English language, would you? Why? What words would you choose?

Oh, there are so many. 'Actually' is one that a lot of people use. I know I overuse it from time to time. And now that I have to think of some, I can't. That's just the way it goes, I suppose. As for banning words, I wouldn't - I'd ban phrases. And I'd start with 'my bad'...

5) It's cold and flu season, unfortunately. What things have always helped you feel better when you're under the weather? What remedies do you remember being given when you were a child?

Ah, cold and flu season, and I face it this year without a flu shot of any kind. My grandmother's soup is what usually makes me feel the best (I covered that in the Comfort Food column earlier this week) when I'm strong enough to make it. Snuggling under a blanket with a book or a movie and some tea really helps. As for when I was kid, I was usually stuffed with medicines and Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup - I was sick a lot as a child, and I hate that soup now. In fact, I hate most chicken noodle soups as a result.

Most, not all. I like Mrs. Grass, but we use that a lot to make a pseudo rice pilaf.



Well that's it for today... Have a great weekend!