site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, June 01, 2004
It's the Stitcher's Five...

... I assume by the term needlework it encompasses the whole range of creative needle arts.

Doesn't matter if it doesn't - that's what I'm going to assume.


1. What is your most treasured needlework possession?
Oh boy... that's a hard one. In terms of gadgets, I'd have to say it's between a very special fob that was made for me or my matching set of needle threader and dolloly.

2. What is your greatest fear when doing needlework?
It's a tie between two things.

1 - That someone's going to walk by with a cup of coffee or Kool-Aid, or some other stain creator and spill it all over my work while looking at it.

2 - That my dog gets ahold of my work for some reason and uses it as a chew toy. I've had that as a nightmare only once, but Sasha is very good about not touching any of the stitching things.

3. What is your greatest extravagance in needlework?
It's either buying just the right fiber when I want to change something out (even if I might have the right fiber in my stash already), or the framing. I always go with really nice framing.

4. What is your stitching motto?
I guess the closest thing to a motto I have would be one of the following two statements: "One Stitch at a time" or "It's a very zen thing"

5. What do you dislike most about your needlework?
Do I have to dislike something? Well, I do hate it when I make a stupid mistake and end up frogging something that I did an hour earlier. That's why I'm extra careful with working drawn thread and hardanger - there's very little recovery from making certain mistakes there.


Well, that's all from here today. It was a nice long relaxing weekend, but it was filled with absolutely no stitching. I did organize some of my threads, and I know I have more to do, but it was a good start.