site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, May 24, 2004
It's Monday....

...Wait a second... deja vu? Didn't I just say that with a different day a little bit ago?

I'm baaaaack! I'm tired, and sore, and very stash-enhanced. I'll write a full report when I have my very tired brain back in working order. (I am *so* glad I took today off to recover.) In the meantime, I'll do the Stitcher's Five instead...

1. How many have you framed on the wall?
On my wall, or other people's walls? I have 10 things that are finished and framed up on my walls (here and at the office). I've got TW's The Castle hanging up in my husband's office at home. Dragon Ride, Seaside Kingdom, Legends of the Dragons, Tales of Wonder, Becca's Butterflies, one of Dimples Designs ladybugs, and some tropical fish round out what's on my home walls. At my office I've hung up Tempest and Stretch.

My MIL has a framed Bug Collector hanging up in her front entryway, and my Mom has VS' Fresh Air Sampler hanging up at her house.

Somewhere on the East Coast is a small white framed lamb that I stitched from Stitcher's World magazine for one of DH's coworkers who had a baby that was having a rough time of it for his first few weeks in the outside world. Bethany's Sampler and Bug Collector are hanging up at ABC Stitch as a gift to the shop when it first opened. I have a couple of things done up for PawPrintings that are trunk show models, and then there are the Dracolair models - Midnight Hunting and Dawn Awakening. I get to visit those when they're at shows or if I visit Sarah's house.

I think that covers everything... about 20 things.

2. How many do you have finished in other ways?
I do have one pillow out there with a little bear on it that was given to a very good friend when his first child was born. I also have the banners that I created for my girls that have their names and some cute bears on them which hang at the foot of each of their beds.

3. What was the most expensive finishing?
That would definitely be the framing for the Castle. The picture I linked to up above doesn't do it justice AT ALL. It's a nice wine colored mat and cherry frame. Even at 50% at Michael's I still laid down about $350.

4. Have you finished anything yourself?
Many things - the pillow I mentioned before and the banners - I did those myself. I framed Tales of Wonder and the ladybug and Becca's Butterflies myself.

5. Describe your favorite finished piece.
That would also be The Castle. It's absolutely stunning in person. I still wonder in amazement at how I managed to pull that one off.

So, that's it from me for today... I'm still gathering my thoughts on everything else that I did for CATS and things I didn't do that I wish I had... like explore a little more...