site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, May 14, 2004
It's Friday...

...and since there's no Friday Five, I found... The Daily Dirt, which is being added to the Places to Wander section off to the right...

1. What is your favourite shopping item?
Hrm... I don't think I have a favorite shopping item. I don't do a lot of shopping anymore, except for stitching supplies and books. Ah, books. I LOVE to shop for books.

2. How much money you spent buying something nice for you per month?
Gee, that's a hard one. I don't really spend all that much because I don't go shopping. Maybe $10 for a new book once in a while?

3. Do you buy usually with cash, bankcard or credit card?
Cash, when I can. Otherwise it's a credit card because I do a lot of my shopping online.

4. Who is your favourite shopping partner?
Since I don't go shopping, I don't have one. Buying books online is a solitary sort of thing.

5. Where you usually shop?
Amazon, BN.com, various online stitching stores... I told you, I don't physically go and shop.
That all said, now, I used to shop a lot. I'd buy clothes, music, the occasional puzzle or nifty little gadget. I would go shopping with friends in college, or with a roommate once in a while. After college, I'd either go by myself, or with my fiance (who is now known as DH). I think it all changed after I had A & B. I'm rarely ever seen in a mall, and if I am I've got everyone with me and we're heading to a specific store. I miss wandering a mall for a few hours to just see what's there and stretch my legs.

Oh sure, I go buy clothes... maybe once or twice a year when I take the kids shopping for their clothes or for something they need, but usually I don't get to spend a lot of time browsing. Even then, I'm usually heading for Target or Mervyn's instead of an actual mall. I'll head for the jeans wall, grab a new pair and try them on, and buy then if they fit. I have lots of shirts, but they're starting to get worn.

I'd love to call up a girlfriend and just go shopping and find something new to wear (or not), and eat a nice leisurely lunch (or dinner, or both) - spend an afternoon out somewhere like that, but I don't have anyone close enough to me (in terms of distance or friendliness) that I could do that with....

*sigh*...sheesh, I never realized how lonely I actually am.