site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
Blogger and I have a new look...

...in case you hadn't noticed. This wasn't the template that I was originally working on, I swear... I have something even more sweet in mind, but it may take a while considering that I hate CSS. Blogger, however, has been so kind to creating most of the new templates with lots and lots of CSS to be able to give me practice at this.

I have to give my DH a great big HUGE thank you for dumping the CSS book with me last night. I also thank him for hunting some things down when I got too frustrated and the headache I've had since Friday was making my eyes swim and unfocus on the italicized Table of Contents in the aforementioned book. He said something about paybacks when he starts a big grand website and people throw money at him. Hrm... maybe coding *is* in my future.

So, in the coming weeks you may see some tweaks and adjustments, and perhaps something completely different. I apologize to those who had problems accessing the site yesterday, or who encountered bizarre formatting issues onscreen. Apparently, those using Internet Exploder (any and all versions) got to see lots and lots of wierd things on screen, while those using NetScrape saw the blog the way it should be. *sigh* What I wouldn't give for uniform looks across browsers.

Anyway, that's the update of what's going on from design central.


And now... the Stitcher's Five...

1. Which type of beads do you prefer: Mill Hill, Delica or other brand?
I tend to use Mill Hill or SJ Designs for beading in my projects.

2. Why?
Um, because I don't know any better?

3. What do you use to stitch beads on with?
It depends on the project, but I usually use YLI Invisible quilting thread. Sometimes I use the floss that matches the bead or the fabric, but that's pretty rare.

4. When to bead..as you go or at the end?
I tend to bead at the end of a project. I don't like knocking them loose, or having to frog around them. I really should learn to bead as I go, considering that I have quite a few Mirabilia's that I want to do, and I was cursing 'Seaside Kingdom' the whole time I was beading that beast.

5. Do you bead only with cross stitch or do you use them on their own?
I've mostly beaded with cross stitch, but I have put a couple of scissor fobs together for my kids. I do have a couple of evil ideas involving making beaded thread counters, but I don't know that there's that kind of market out there for it, and I don't want to use the TWBB for market research (as that's really not what it's for).