site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Ok... Last Chance on the movie meme...
...We're going with one last chance on the movie meme before I declare it kaput!

Here are the last 6 quotes to be guessed - and as a bonus, I'm going to include the year the movie was made.

There have been some noble guesses. Sorry, #20 isn't Legally Blonde - you're going to have to get way more obscure than that. And no, The Fountain, Made in Heaven, Defending Your Life or A Knight's Tale - none of those are on the list either. Good guesses though, and all good movies. There aren't any Star Wars movies on the list either (but those are favorites - just too easy to guess on those lines so they stayed off the list).

Remember, the names of the people who correctly guessed are linked to the IMDb page for the movie. Yes, Susan - there *was* a Princess Bride quote in there...

Here we go with the final 6 and their year (in bold)... Good luck everyone - and remember, no Google/IMDb/IMSDb searches. I'll admit that 5 of these 6 are the more obscure movies on my list, but I'm surprised that one of them has not been guessed already since it's rather mainstream.

10. I'm trying to say that if I was having a problem, just hypothetically, I'd like to know that you're someone I could count on in a crisis. 1993

11. And to think I've been telling my friends it's so cool living with an artist. You never once asked to paint me nude! 1987

13. It's hard to tell what's reality or a dream. (clue: this quote appears at the end of the movie - no one actually says it) Additional comment: there is very little dialog in this excellent film. 2004 Cymberleah got it...but searched her Netflix queue for the accurate title because I once recommended it

15. A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in Heaven. 1998 Cymberleah got it...she knew the movie substance, but had to look up the title

18. This goes through armor. And through the victim, through the wall, through a tree outside... 1984 Andrea got it!

20. And as for what I've taught you, well, listen, I've always believed that every woman should get as much education and intellectual stimulation as possible, and that she should develop her mental abilities to their utmost potential. But in your case, well, there's just no point. 1989