The Movie Meme...
...I picked it up off Annette's Blog
, and Erin
did it too... now it's my turn! But I'm making one small change to the rules - I am *not* necessarily using IMDb or IMSDb (Internet Movie Script Database) for the quote because I've got quite a few popular movies on my list, so I'm going for the more obscure quotes within those movies.
And no fair checking IMSDb either - some of the scripts aren't even on *that* site, and some of the scripts aren't fully complete (I had two cases where I put the movie in, watched the scene, and quoted it directly from the source film because the quote I was thinking of was nowhere to be found).
So, movie lovers - go!
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies (I picked 5 extra bonus movies)
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb (or IMSDb) search functions.
5. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
Look, I don't mean to be rude, but this is not as easy as it looks. So I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't distract me. Annette got it...
We're a narcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. Jenn L is right...
And when you die, they can bury you in it!
Terri's almost got the movie - the quote isn't about the fridge... can anyone name the movie *and* what the quote refers to? Update: Terri came back and got it!
... and for those wondering, the line is about the speakers. And that's what DH sometimes says about the Klipsch cornerhorn speakers we have (anyone who has been to my house knows those speakers in the front room)
I am decent. I also happen to be naked. Desi got it right!
(but Desi, that was the only one you got right...)
Not sure whether I-I-I wanna love her or eat her. Jenn L came back a second time and got this one
That's a real badge. I'm a real cop. And this is a real gun.Kati got this one
Let's kick the tires and light the fires, big daddy. Erin (moviemuse) got it!
I was sitting there alone on prom night, in a goddamn rented tuxedo, and my whole life flashed before my eyes. And I realized finally, and for the first time, that I wanted to kill somebody. So I figured since I loved you so much, it'd be a good idea if I didn't see you anymore. Suz got it...
If you start out depressed, everything's kind of a pleasant surprise.Erin (Fairy Tales and French Knots) got it
... Sorry Erin, I'm not giving you a pen. Hee.
10. I'm trying to say that if I was having a problem, just hypothetically, I'd like to know that you're someone I could count on in a crisis.
11. And to think I've been telling my friends it's so cool living with an artist. You never once asked to paint me nude!
If you had been an ordinary, average father like the other guys' dads, you'd have understood that. Erika has it right...
13. It's hard to tell what's reality or a dream. (clue: this quote appears at the end of the movie - no one actually says it)
Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. Terri got this one - Congrats... I wondered if *anyone* was going to get this one.
15. A whole human life is just a heartbeat here in Heaven.Bonus movies:
Different is nice, but it sure isn't pretty. Pretty is what it's about. I never met anyone who was different who couldn't figure that out. Annette got this one too
Defending the defenseless, protecting the disenfranchised corporations that have been abandoned by their very own consumers: the logger, the sweatshop foreman, the oil driller, the land mine developer, the baby seal poacher...Dee, you guessed right
18. This goes through armor. And through the victim, through the wall, through a tree outside...
We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all. Lisa's got it
20. And as for what I've taught you, well, listen, I've always believed that every woman should get as much education and intellectual stimulation as possible, and that she should develop her mental abilities to their utmost potential. But in your case, well, there's just no point.
Ok, that's it. Have at them folks.