site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Little Bits...
...So after yelling and cajoling and sentencing them to a silent time out, the girls continued to wrestle. While it's hot outside and we're trying to not be hot inside. Finally I walked over and stood staring sternly down at them until it got their attention.

I darkly stated "WE are NOT amused."

B looked up with her big blue eyes and said "We are" and I lost it.



Sometimes I end up in the weirdest moods. And this is an example of one of them.

I was listening to the latest jewelry store ad on the radio the other day. The lovely announcer voice was talking about the importance of the engagement ring and the seriousness of how "two are about to become one".

That's when my brain kicked in and I thought "Ooo. Surgery!"



I was in Starbucks the other day and was talking with DH about broadening my search for employment. He said he was worried for a moment that I was going to sign on with Starbucks.

I said no, but in a few months if I still don't have a job, that might be a possibility. "Great, then you'll come home every night saying how much you hate people."

I looked at him and said, "And how would that be different from the last 10 years?"



So they've finally thrown out the indecency fine for the "wardrobe malfunction" that happened at the 2004 Superbowl and that I discussed here and here. The 3rd circuit court said that the FCC acted "arbitrarily and capriciously" in fining CBS for the issue.

The result of that whole mess was other artists pushing the envelope on indecency with swearing and other innuendo, in cases that have yet to be resolved and there's a big indecency in the airwaves thing going on with the Supreme Court this fall. I can't *wait* to see what happens with that.

But maybe, just maybe, we won't have to hear about this "wardrobe malfunction" ever again.