...I stole it from Suz...
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
My never consider eating's will be italics... And the Never Try Again will be bold and italics
The VGT Omnivore’s Hundred:
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile (more likely I won't get the chance, unless someone's already snuck some on me.
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper Are you *crazy*?
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl I've had clam chowder. I've had sourdough bowls. I won't have them together because I'm not a fan of the shellfishies (not allergic, but they randomly have bad effects on my digestive system so I just stay away as a rule)
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (I've had good cognac... I hate smoking though...)
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects Unless I accidentally swallowed one on a bike ride, or roller coaster - otherwise, this is never going to happen.
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more I don't think I've ever had whisky that expensive... don't know that I won't ever...
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel (cooked and raw... I prefer cooked)
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV I don't know... maybe I have...
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill Are you kidding me? Real roadkill? I'd *really* have to be desperate...
77. Hostess Fruit Pie (Still love these things when I'm feeling particularly not-caring about my general health)
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant. *THIS* I would love...
85. Kobe beef A bite, yes, from someone else's plate one year. Eh. Give me buffalo any day.
89. Horse Not likely unless some restaurant has snuck it past me. Same for cat or dog.
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish Fried. Yum.
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox No fan of the lox here.
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta Mmmm. Baked with tomato sauce and parmesan...
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
Hell, why isn't squirrel on the list? Clearly there are some things here that I have never tried - most of them are things I do not recognize or am leery of. Absinthe? Isn't that a poison? And Fugu? Not likely that's going to happen anytime soon. Or Ever.
Looking at this list I see I have been an adventurous taster over the years, and if I'd had this list 10 years ago, there would be a lot more that I probably would have said I'll never consider trying (like eel) but things change...