site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
The End of the Movie Meme...
...Ok, It's been about a week now, so here's the finish line.

3 quotes were not guessed, and I'm a little surprised at one, but it was an obscure line in the film instead of one of the more well known ones.

10. I'm trying to say that if I was having a problem, just hypothetically, I'd like to know that you're someone I could count on in a crisis.

This one would have been a giveaway if I'd posted something like "Bing!" or "Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today" or anything referring to Gobbler's Knob. Yes, folks, it was from 'Groundhog Day'

11. And to think I've been telling my friends it's so cool living with an artist. You never once asked to paint me nude!

Maybe "I named those little guys. Flotsam and Jetsam, isn't that cute?" uttered by the lovely Jessica Tandy would have been a better quote, but this one always stood out with me. It's from 'Batteries Not Included' - I highly recommend this movie, as it's a favorite of mine and my children.

20. And as for what I've taught you, well, listen, I've always believed that every woman should get as much education and intellectual stimulation as possible, and that she should develop her mental abilities to their utmost potential. But in your case, well, there's just no point.

And the last one. This one was a hopeless case because I knew that no one was going to know it. I didn't even know it existed but was introduced to it on my 6th day at Netflix during a meeting when the French VP of Engineering had mentioned that it shipped to him and it shouldn't have. And that it was his favorite movie of all time. That alone had me curious when I heard the title: 'Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death'. Total campy 'war of the sexes' movie - Adrienne Barbeau, Shannon Tweed and Bill Maher (long before he hosted 'Politically Incorrect'). DH and I loved it so much we bought a copy on DVD... it's still unopened, but I suspect after this run of the movie quote meme, we're probably going to watch it again.

So, there you have it, the 3 missing quotes. There were some very good guesses on #20, and the quote would have fit well into any of those movies.