site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, May 23, 2008
18 years...
...that's how long it's been.

18 long years. It's hard to believe that it's been that long. I know I've been excited for other opening days of movies, but not like this. I was a little kid inside. And my little kids were almost as excited. A got a little bored with how excited I was, but she's 12 verging on 16. I expect her to be bored.

18 years. I was there on opening day at 10am for 'Last Crusade'... no one knew then that it would take 18 years to bring another one to the screen, especially when the original plan was 5 Indy movies. Five. I figured they were sort of finished when #3 came out because Lucas likes trilogies. Trilogies are good full circle stories.

Ah, but Indy #4 really did bring it full circle. For me, at least. I'm so jazzed by it I want to see it again today in the theater (but I won't - I'll be good). So if you haven't seen it, run.

Go see it. Today. And bask in the strange story and wit that is Indiana Jones. But don't say I didn't warn you. As with every Indy movie there's always a creepy crawly scene. And this one's particularly creepy - at least for me...

...this time, it was ants. I hate ants.