site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, October 30, 2006
What? Stitching?

In an attempt to actually talk about stitching once in a while, I've pulled out an old Friday Five that I'd never bothered to do because I was going to do it *eventually* and that day just never came. In two and a half years that day never came, until today! Yes, the draft was tagged with a date of Jun 13, 2004.

So, let's see if this can kick start me back into talking about my stitching once in a while (and yes, I've been a subscriber of the SBQ for a long time... those questions are sitting and piling up too...



The last piece....

... you started?

That would have to be the Better Homes and Gardens "Home for Christmas" stocking - the one with the chair and the hearth. It's DH's Christmas stocking, if I can finish it in time. Originally he wanted the workshop stocking, and if he'd selected that it would not be finished until next year easily because of all the backstitching that would need to be completed.

Other than that, I have started a couple of other things, like the latest model that I've been working on, and the TWRR pieces...

... you worked on?

That would be the stocking from above. I was working on it last night. For those familiar with the stocking I've finished the trunk, most of the chair, some of the drum, all of the shadowy half stitches for the furniture, and most of the trim around the hurricane lamp that sits on the trunk. For those that aren't familiar with it, well, I've got a ways to go and I'll try and post a picture one of these days.

Beyond that I've got a TWRR band that I need to start and finish within a week...

... you finished?

Last piece I finished... Gee, I have to think about that. Other than the TWRR pieces, I think it might have to be Shimmering Mermaid, and I finished that almost a year ago. Oh, how sad is that. I think 2007 is going to have to be a year of finishing.

... you bought?

Last piece I bought... make that pieces instead since I bought 3 at the same time. I picked up Kustom Krafts' "Little Snapdragon" because A encouraged me too, Mirabilia's "Halloween Fairy" and one more that I can't remember... could have been Dragon Dreams' "Lost Dragon Sampler" or Enchanting Lair's "Dragonflight". It's been a while, and it only just partially shipped a couple of days ago, so I'll probably know what it was today or tomorrow....

... you added to your wishlist?

That's easy. I added Heaven and Earth Designs' "Dragon Soul" after seeing someone's beautiful section of it completed on The Wagon. Absolutely lovely work, and I think that I want it hanging on my wall.



Well, that's all from me in the stitching world. As for the rest of life, I hate Daylight Screwup Time. I was awake from about 3:30 in the morning until the alarm went off. DH wasn't sleeping well, I wasn't sleeping well. Interestingly enough, I'm rather awake for not having slept very much....

...must be the double-bagged green tea I'm drinking.