site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, July 31, 2006
Two years....

...It's been two years, I realized this weekend, since the changes at the TWBB. We're all a little older, a little wiser... Well, I hope we're all a little wiser. After everything that happened before, during, and after the changes we'd better be a little wiser.

I've been moving my personal mail out of one account into another in Outlook, and I was reading through one of the mailbox files because it transferred over with an error initially and I wanted to be sure that there wasn't going to be an issue with it after I couldn't get at it anymore. And I found emails. Email after email about a situation that happened 25 months ago, prior to the decision to drop the JPC forum from the TWBB. And I found emails about something that happened later in the year that prompted another decision of mine.

The emails brought back memories of individuals who gave me lots of support when I mentioned that sometimes nice people do not-so-nice things. And I noticed a few names in my mail file who aren't around anymore, and others who supported me and then turned away when they couldn't handle me being brutally truthful with them about things that were in thier lives. Sometimes people just want to live in thier own reality and deny the love, support and truth that thier friends are trying to provide.

I think about all the people who are lost and those who've been found. There were a lot of people who have simply vanished since that time. Some announced they'd changed thier usernames; others changed and hoped no one noticed. Some folks have come back, and left again. Others are lurking. There are new faces everywhere we look too. There's been new homes found on various boards, and while I understand the yearning for some to have everyone back together again, I don't see it in the cards. The personalities of the various communities has grown greatly since the changes and come into thier own.

Anyway, it's been a long two years, and while I miss the old TWBB I do realize that sometimes things need to change to maintain a level of sanity. Two years, and it feels like forever yet it feels like just yesterday. I know some folks are still not comfortable with the 'new world' that's out there, especially with the upcoming changes that will have us jumping platforms to new software for the boards. Change is never easy, it's never simple, and it's usually fraught with changes that no one expects. Some of you are probably wondering what's the point of this point, and to tell you the truth I'm not sure myself. I think it was just something that I needed to say at this moment while I'm facing another big change in my life.

My love and friendship to you all and my thanks to those who are still around reading over here. And my apologies for not doing so more often. I'm going to try and be around a little bit more, but that's really going to depend on what happens in the next 24 hours or so. Just think good thoughts if you can for me. And if you're not capable of thinking a good thought for me, then think one for yourself...

... because you clearly need one more than I do.