site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, July 10, 2006
I'm here.... a short update...

...Hi folks, I know it's been awhile but there's been quite a few things going on, and quite a few things not going on.

First off, I've said that there have been some changes in the workplace that I needed to wrap my brain around. As soon as I said that more changes occurred, one of which resulted in one of my co-workers leaving the company. Someone I worked closely with. And his last day was right before my one week vacation (which was this past week). That threw a bunch of things into turmoil.

And I made my own decision about employment here. It's been almost 7 1/2 years. It's time to move on. That's all I'm going to say at the moment because I need to find someplace else to move on to.

I celebrated my 35th birthday last Monday. It was a very nice day filled with some stitching, good food, a brand new kitchen toy (a bigger better George Foreman grill), and little things here and there. It was a very good week off too, but I didn't want to come back to work today. Probably part of that is because I don't want to be here anymore, but not in a disgusted sort of manner, but more in a tired and burnt out sort of manner.

It too shall pass, I'm sure. So folks, I *am* here and I've not forgotten the blog. It's just been temporarily set aside for the moment while I get some things in order and that's taking longer than I expected. I didn't mean to be away for so long, especially when I have more to say about the banning of junk food in the local schools, about the fast food epidemic in the country (because I've read another really good book on the subject), and other little things here and there. I just haven't had the time to sit down and put it all down on, well, screen (since I don't put these things down on paper usually)

That's all for now, I am still here... and no, it's not the end of the world, I'm not sad, upset, or anything else considering my decision about work....

...as Rafiki said in 'The Lion King': It Is Time.