site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Jukebox Hero

...Sometimes a meme is just what I want...

This one was spotted on Annette's Acre a week or so ago, and I know it's been elsewhere.

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question.

Oh boy this is going to be fun, considering what I have on my portable brain for MP3's...this might get a little Chicago-centric... I think I might do it again with a loaded up 5 disc CD player loaded with all the hard rock stuff...


How does the world see you? Waiting For Me - Joe Bonamassa.
Hrm... the world thinks that there's something still waiting for me... that the best is yet to be. Well, I am still young with a lot of life still left to live ahead of me, so perhaps it is true

Will I have a happy life? All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
You know, when a song starts off with "There must be some way out of here, the joker said to the thief" it gets you a little apprehensive of what the fates are trying to tell you about whether or not you're going to be happy... And no, I don't feel that life is but a joke.

What do my friends really think of me? Fool in the Rain - Led Zeppelin
Oh, today isn't my day - because my friends think I'm a shiftless fool who makes bad choices and cannot be depended upon. Oh my. And I rather liked this song too.

What do people secretly think of me? Stone of Sisyphus - Chicago
Ok, people secretly think that I'm going to take the 'stone' that I'm being punished with and push it back on the people that hung me with it. That's not entirely inaccurate - I *do* push back...

How can I make myself happy? I Wanna Do It All - Terri Clark
You bet I wanna do it all. I want to visit Paris in the fall, and start traditions. I've already rocked little babies to sleep at night, but I have no desire to watch the Yankees play ball. And it's like that Chicago song 'Feel' that I commented on a while back - I want to stop thinking with my head, and let the heart take over sometimes...

What should I do with my life? Edge of a Broken Heart - Bon Jovi
Um, are they trying to tell me something? Am I living on the edge of a broken heart? Sorry, I think they missed out on this one.

Will I ever have children? Tempted by the Fruit of Another - Rockapella, covering Squeeze
Maybe they're confused, since I already have children. Two in a row they've missed... I'm not feeling too positive about what might be coming up

What is some good advice for me? What It Takes - Aerosmith
Make that three in a row, unless I'm supposed to key into the title - in which case, do what it takes to get it done. Fine. Can do. But this one is about getting past the pain. Is Windows media player trying to tell me something about my love life? I don't think DH is gonna like that too much.

How will I be remembered? Be With You - Mister Big
I'm going to be remembered as someone who always had someone around them, and someone was just waiting for me to be available for them? Well, that would explain one man who used to be in my life and why he's still single...

What is my signature dancing song? Where Were You - Chicago
Well, it does have a good beat. I guess this song is a sign that I leave the dance floor a little too early. That's what happens when the dancing starts at 10, I'm tired by 9:45, and having a DH who doesn't really like to dance all that much. But hey! The song is a good thing - that means people were looking for me. And if they're looking for me that means they thought of me, and if they're thinking of me that means they didn't forget that I exist. And that's always a good thing. Right?

What do I think my current theme song is? Spend My Time - Clint Black
You know, I wrote about this once before - you could have all the time in the world, but it's never enough and you couldn't spend it all if you tried.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Good Radio - Jason Scheff
Ok, I can live with this as a theme song. I *do* like good driving music after all, and if you just give me 4 wheels and a good radio...

What song will play at my funeral? Sleeping in the Middle of the Bed Again - Chicago
Oooo. My good Catholic parents would roll over at this one, but then again, I've never held the most gracious views of religion. As evidenced by the cynical lyric "I've read somewhere that religion is for people who want to stay out of hell"... now, before you blast me, I believe in God, I pray and atone for my sins, and the song isn't all about blasting religion.

What type of men do you like? The Best of Me - Olivia Newton-John & David Foster
Is this supposed to mean that I like the ones that mimic the best qualities I have? And that I save the best of me for them? Oh dear... poor DH. He gets the good and the bad.

What is my day going to be like? Texas Plates - Kelley Coffey
My day is going to be spent in pursuit of some hot cowboy'd up sort of guy? Ok, I'll buy into the not a care in the world sort of day...



Well, that's it folks... it could have been hit or miss, and I think it was mostly miss. And I'm surprised that there wasn't any Sons of Champlin coming up, or very much Chicago considering what I know I have on that porta-brain. Ah well, perhaps another time.

Have a great day!