site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Nothing Particular To Say Today...

...I have first aid/CPR training today for 4 hours. I really shouldn't have said I'd be willing to be on the ERT again. What a pain, because I have too much to do today. But it's a good thing and I'm fully certified and I really shouldn't let it lapse.

Chicago XXX landed in on my porch yesterday and I'm on the third listen-through. It's good. It's really good. It's not fantastic good, but it's growing on me so I might change that opinion in a week or so. That or I'll be wondering openly when they're going to record XXXI. Heee. Bummer for me is that they're touring with Huey Lewis and the News this year instead of Earth, Wind & Fire, and they're not coming to Shoreline. The closest they are getting is two hours away, and I don't think we want to do that drive at night. Even on a Friday night, darn it.

Upside is that the tour ends at the end of July so there is still hope that I'll get to see them by themselves in the late summer/early fall timeframe. If I don't get to see them in a new tour this year with new music I think I might go slightly mad. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but I've waited so darn long for something like this (i.e. XXX to be released) and the idea of not being able to hear them play new stuff live is a little torturous for me.

That is all today. Have a wonderful day.