site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Le Flu...

...That is what I had, as far as I know. I seem to be over it now.

It all started with A suddenly being quiet last week and covering up in a blanket and napping. It was so unlike her, and when I got her to bed I found that she was running a fever. Of 102.

My child that *NEVER* gets sick was sick. Fever and a cough, and that's it. And that fever wouldn't go under 101 for 3 days. Then it would tease us by going as low as 99, and climbing back up again.

Meanwhile B started coughing and complaining of a sore throat. Then *she* got the fever. See above for details, as they mimicked A's almost perfectly.

Then I was trying to not cough up a lung last Friday and realized that I was feeling pretty warm. So I took off my sweatshirt, and was instantly cold. So I put it on again, and was too warm. Repeat a few times over an hour, and realize that I have a fever too. So I ditched the office early and spent the better part of the next 4 days on the couch. 3 of those days were spent in my jammies. Yes, folks - I had the same fever as the kids did and just as high. Lost my appetite completely. Lost my voice completely too.

The bonus this time was that I didn't fall into any of the usual high fever with chills sorts of delusions that I get when I get the flu. I was just... sleepy. Tired. Wasted. I didn't really eat much of anything between Thursday night and Tuesday night. And I was really really sick of being sick and looking sick. Especially when I noticed the new hollows in my cheeks that developed. And I thought it was just bad bathroom lighting.

I finally came out of it yesterday. My nose is raw from blowing, and my voice is rough from coughing, but I have a lot more energy than I have had over the last few days, and I think I'm getting my appetite back, although I'm not really that hungry...

...but you wouldn't know it from the way my stomach is growling.