site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, January 12, 2006
It's Just Thursday...

...and I just have a touch of rambling with nothing really to say.

Yesterday A turned 10, and she says she had a really good day - just like I said it would be. She got 'Nicktoons Unite' for the PS2, which is what she really wanted for her birthday. We had to postpone her special dinner because DH couldn't make it, but I still took her out for pizza. We did have cake, though, when DH got home.

I've been stitching - and I know I have to put together the State of the Stitching Address for 2006 and address the goals for 2005 and 2006. I was working on "Celestial Dragon" as the new year came in, and I made my goal - finishing the gold border and backstitching of it. All that's left in the border are two of the symbols (the ones on the left hand side of the piece). I've got a touch of the gold of the dragon put into place as well. Now I'm trying to decide when I go back to it whether or not I'm going to work on the sparkly part or the floss part of the dragon. I don't know yet. But that's a decision for another time - I put it down since I made my goal and started another piece - Art-Stitch's "On With The Dance", which is a present for someone.

I'm newly addicted to 'House, M.D.' on Fox. It's going to be hard making the decision whether or not I watch 'House' or 'Amazing Race' when it comes back on. Ah, well, there's always DVD for 'House' - which is how I'm catching the first season. I've got DH watching it too - I'm not sure why it appeals to him, other than we both think it's a comedy. For those of you who watch it, I'm sure you understand what we mean by that.

I've still got a Christmas tree to take down - all the ornaments are off of it, I just need to break down the tree. Before tomorrow, since that's when DH's Game Club is coming over to play strategy games. I think I'll probably be upstairs with the kids. I can't remember what I did the last time they came over, to be honest. I may have been downstairs stitching. Or maybe I was upstairs watching movies with the kids. That's probably going to be the same routine this time.

For those who remember that I was sore from playing baseball with A on Sunday - the soreness is mostly gone and replaced with a touch of stiffness. So some good stretching should put things mostly back into order. What really stunk was that I woke up on Tuesday with a pulled muscle along my ribcage (a pulled *something* if not muscle) and that really took me for a loop. That's been most of the pain for the last couple of days, but that's feeling mostly better now too.

That's really about all for the moment. I've got to get some work done now, so I guess I'll talk to you later...

... but you knew that already, right?