site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Since We're Still Working With a New Year...

...I received the following in an email from a dear friend, and I think it's worth sharing with the world...



Take twelve whole months. Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate, and jealousy.

Make them just as fresh and clean as possible. Now cut each month into twenty-eight, thirty, or thirty-one different parts, but don't make up the whole batch at once.

Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients. Mix well into each day one part of faith, one part of patience, one part of courage, and one part of work.

Add to each day one part of hope, faithfulness, generosity, and kindness. Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation, and one good deed.

Season the whole with a dash of good spirits, a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play, and a cup full of good humor.

Pour all of this into a vessel of love. Cook thoroughly over radiant joy, garnish with a smile, and serve with quietness, unselfishness, and cheerfulness.

You're bound to have a Happy New Year!

-Author Unknown-


Now, it's not that I don't know who wrote it, but I've not bothered to web search it either to find out. And I don't think I care either way - it's a sound recipe, and one that everyone should pay attention to.



...and because it's fun, and I saw it somewhere randomly, here's my randomly generated resolution for 2006:

In the year 2006 I resolve to:

Start a cult.


Get your resolution here



Now, I thought that that was a little extreme (and hey, some people may think that I have already accomplished that), so I decided to click it again, and I got:

In the year 2006 I resolve to:

Invade a Small Country.


Get your resolution here



I think I'll stop now before it says something *really* torqued.