site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, December 12, 2005
It's Monday...

...it was a long weekend that wasn't quite long enough. I think there should have been more time involved in it. Still, a lot did get done... including Christmas shopping! And that brings me to The A List for this week!

The holidays are speeding towards us quickly, and there's so many things to be done - holiday cards, decorations, shopping... Oh yes, the shopping.

What's the most unusual thing that you've bought as a present for someone? And what's the most unusual thing that you have received?

The most unusual thing that I've ever bought for someone as a present... I don't think that I've obtained anything really that unusual. A purple hippopotamus was obtained one year, for a certain DD who kept singing "I Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas" over and over again. The game of Clue for someone (anonymously) who needed to get a clue. That was fun watching that be found on his desk.

Unusual things I've received as presents? Well, some would say that a KitchenAid mixer from my DH is rather unusual - especially when given to a woman who works 50-60 hours a week. But it's my favorite toy. I LOVE my mixer. There was also the year that I got my George Foreman grill - unusual, sort of. But if you really want off the wall unusual? Hrm...

I can't think of anything. Which means I've either not gotten anything that unusual, or I've blocked it out of my mind. And no, this isn't a request for sending me anything unusual, unless someone wants to ship me a case (or a bottle or two) of Mario Batali's 'Sugo Pomodoro' because it hasn't made it out here to the West Coast again after being discontinued at Trader Joe's (which really bums me out).

Until tomorrow...