site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
I'm here... I'm alive....

...I've just got nothing to say at the moment... and I'm busy winding up work so that I can take next week off... and trying to get through the holidays.

I promise I'll try and write about something soon.

Oh! And to address a comment made in the purses blog entry - someone asked the question as to why stitchers would go nuts over someone making a copy of a chart, but wouldn't blink at buying a knockoff purse.

I brought that up at the get-together I had at my house on Sunday with the SF Bay Area stitchers and the consensus came down to it's not the same thing. Those who photocopy a chart are attempting to make money (or not spend it) off a designer's hard work, with very little input themselves. Someone making a knockoff purse actually went through the trouble of a design, and production and labor and needs to recoup costs.

They probably could have designed their very own style of purse (and some knockoff producers *have* done this) but what turns an eye thier way is a well made reproduction of the original. And in the art world there are quite a few prints and reproductions of originals that sell very well.

Ok, so I did have a little something to say. Hopefully I'll have more tomorrow. And I'll answer this week's A List as well when I do.