site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Happy 2006!

...*walks in with her green tea, and slumps down in a chair*

Oh boy, 2005 was sure a *year*. I'm not sure how I can term it any way other than that, but hey... I'm still here, my family is still in great health, and I'm employed. And I got a raise. And a DVR from my satellite company (that I don't have to pay an extra monthly fee for).

It was a good year. It was a trying year in a lot of areas, as I watched friends go through personal turmoils, watched others drift away, watched a couple of others just stomp away in childish fits. DH spent another year "paycheck challenged" - we're not calling him unemployed anymore, since he's spending time trying to get a start up idea running with 3 other guys, but he's not getting paid for it yet (none of them are...). I watched other people squawking like chickens with their heads cut off when there was no reason to, and wondered why the world loves to turn itself upside down just to maintain the right side up.

I'll blame it on gravity and the evolutions of the rock that we're sitting on. It's just easier that way.

I've grown closer to a great group of women this year that are really supportive of each other, come from all walks of life, and still respect each other in the morning. Even after discussions about religion and politics.

So, here we are, standing in the doorway of 2006 with very little knowledge of what the year ahead of us will bring, other than the noises that will come around with the ever moving gears of government. I suspect by the end of the year that I will lose my last remaining grandparent (he wasn't doing that great when grandma died almost two years ago), and that I'll have an interesting springtime when I cross over into starting my 8th year here at the company I work at.

I'll still be stitching, and maybe even finish a something or two. What those will be is anyone's guess. And in about a week I'll have a 10 year old - and she doesn't want to be 10 either. Something about staying a single digit age is her complaint.

Ah well... here's to the New Year and may it be a good one for everyone!