site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Dear Mr. Spammer

...welcome to yet another edition of a favorite (well, I like it) feature of this blog – Dear Mr. Spammer. This week we explore whether or not anybody really knows what time it is...



Dear Mr. Spammer,

I received your latest correspondence and that of some of your friends. How nice of you to share my email address with them based on your concerns about whether or not I know what time it is. *holds up her left wrist with expensive Citizen Solar Tech watch on it* As long as I don’t toss this in a drawer for days on end, I’ll always know what time it is. That and I’m a little obsessive about time, since I have my computer and desk clock all synched to the time on my cell phone. I don’t like being late for things, and I think you know that.

I do appreciate, however, all the lovely emails with offers on Rolex replicas, and even some bargain basement pricing on real Rolexes and Tag Heuer’s. They are all very nice watches. But the emails have been a bit… obsessive I have to say. More obsessive than I am about time. I’m getting multiple ones daily, some from the same people over and over again.

Oh, I know Mr. Spammer – I know you keep *your* lists clean and cannot speak to that of your friends, but you could have a little bit of consideration about such things before you share my email address with the rest of the concerned email world. Still, it’s touching that you don’t want me to be wandering down the street like Robert Lamm in the old Chicago song “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is”, but we’re not in the middle of a draft anymore, although we are in a time, once again, where the country is divided over a war and social consciousness needs to be raised yet again.

But I’ll leave that to the folks down in Santa Cruz to scream and yell about that for awhile. For the moment, I have to say that I’m a little disappointed that you’ve lowered yourself to the level of a street corner salesman with watches hanging from under his raincoat, even if you’ve gone high tech. The exception is that you aren’t running when the cops come, simply because they’re not coming. For the moment.

Anyway, I’ve spent enough time chatting with you in this letter, since I meant for it to be just a quick note. Right now, it’s time for me to get some metrics completed. And in five minutes I’ll need some green tea. Later this afternoon I have a meeting to go to, and my Outlook calendar is programmed to remind me. Oh! There goes my cell phone alarm... I have a phone call to make.

Thank you for your time.
~WhizGidget~ *who sometimes has entirely too much time on her hands*