site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Random Rambles...

...it's that time once again for those single line thoughts and observations that aren't quite worthy of an entire blog entry, much less a paragraph anywhere but in something like this.



Someone came over and said they had a problem. I helped them with the problem and they go away. A head pops up over the wall and says at another company they didn't have problems, they had "issues".

I told him that issues are mental problems, and regular problems are resolvable. He said that would explain most of his former organization - they needed serious professional mental help.



Note to music industry: please stop having people cover Tom Petty tunes. Especially then the person who is covering them is female and is trying to sound like Petty.

Evil. My ears almost bled.

Note to all: this is in reference to Melissa Etheridge covering Petty's "Refugee" - it should never have been done.



Green Day has that song "Wake Me Up When September Ends". Two things.

1 - did someone wake him up when September ended?
2 - Virgin Radio has significantly slowed in playing that song now that September is over... thank goodness.



Someone is talking on a cell phone in the bathroom. Thus, my chance to be as noisy as possible, including making sure I take a stall next to them and flush the toilet twice.

I love hearing the embarassed "yeah, I'm calling you from the bathroom" tone of voice when they're cornered and have to admit it.



I was stopped at a light on my way back to the office from picking up lunch and saw a couple of guys putting up a Now Hiring sign above a company's logo street sign. The sign was yellow and black and was asking for "Engineers. Sales. Geniuses."

Makes me wonder what they would say if I gave them a call and said that I'm not a genius but someone who has random occurances of focused brilliance.



So my daughter B was reading "Something Under the Bed is Drooling" (a Calvin and Hobbes collection for those not familiar with the title) and decided to put a note on the white board.

"Monster free facility. Only nice and I mean it" the note read. DH "ding"ed the word free and now we're a Monster Feeding Facility. B did not notice it for awhile. Later on, the note got changed to Monster Breeding Facility.

I guess I'll have to start checking for drool under the beds now.



With people coming into New Orleans again, and then having to leave because of Hurricane Rita, I kept seeing all these headlines that stated that New Orleans is open, New Orleans is closed.

Since when did New Orleans become a self enclosed entity like a *store* that has operating hours? Have the clearance sales started yet?



You know it's a really bad sign of things when someone who is clearly in need of caffeine tells you that they already had a cup of coffee. And that they think the caffeine is dead.



Here's one for the salaried workers of the world...

The more hours you work in a week (because you don't get paid overtime) just means you're that much closer to earning minimum wage.

For those who don't get it (or because it's so early in the day), take your salary and divide it by the number of hours you work in a week (assuming you work more than 45 hours a week) and then marvel at how much less you're making by sacrificing hours you could be spending outside the office living your real life.



Life Lesson: Some people really *don't* look good with all of their hair pulled back from their faces. In fact, some folks are downright freakyscary looking when they do that.



Ok, well, that's it from me today. I hope you have a wonderful day.