site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, September 30, 2005
Ah... the End of the Week...

... It’s Friday, once again. I’m going to cover last week’s Friday Forum questions while I think over this week’s and decide if I want to answer them sometime next week. I think I pretty much have all of next week’s stuff written, it’s just a matter of proofing it and being on my toes for if I want to change something out because I was moved to for one reason or another.



1) ... you could do absolutely *anything* you wanted to right now? Where would you go? What activity would you choose? Would you do it alone or with friends/family? Why?

If I could do absolutely anything I wanted to right now, I’d probably just sit back in my chair, turn up the music and stitch for a bit. It’s early in the morning, I have hot chocolate, and there’s no one to bother me – it’s perfect stitching time. On the other hand, going back to bed and snuggling in with DH doesn’t sound like a bad idea either to me. Sleep is always a good thing.

2) ... you suddenly found $500 in your wallet, all for you [with no catches]. What would you do with it? Why?

$500 in my wallet all of a sudden? I’d wonder if I’d taken something out of the ATM and not remembered, and then I’d probably put $300 *in* the bank just because I don’t like carrying that much cash with me. And then I’d plan for something, but I don’t know what just yet. Actually, a really good idea for it would be to put all the money together for a family trip to Hawaii next spring when a dear friend gets married in Maui.

I’m really not a big spendthrift sort of person – I like looking for a good deal and always having a cushion of money in the bank. I start getting anxious if I *don’t* have that cushion so that helps keep me sane with my purchases. Besides, I’d rather get more for my money by waiting and planning and saving. If I didn’t have the Hawaii thing, that hypothetical $500 would last quite some time.

3) ... you could trade places with someone right now, just for a day? Who would you choose, and why? What do you think it would feel like to be that person?

I don’t think that there is anyone that I would want to trade places with, even for a minute. I like who I am, where I am and what I’m doing.

4) ... you woke up tomorrow with powers of invisibility, but the effect would only last for a few days? Where would you go, and what would you do? Who would you "spy" on? In which situation would you most like to be an unnoticed "fly on the wall"?

I don’t know that I’d do anything. Oh, maybe I’d sneak onto some Hollywood set and watch a day of filming of something that interests me. Maybe I’d hop a plane somewhere that I’d never been to and go see something new in the world. I don’t think that I’d spy on anyone intentionally just to see what they’re doing. That’s just not my style. Oh well, maybe I’d sit on the wall while I watch one of my peers write his review of me this year, since I have no idea why he wants to review me. We don’t work that closely together.

5) ... you could choose *one* song NEVER to hear ever again in your life? Which song would it be? How about *one* song to ONLY hear for the rest of your life?

Oh, just *one*? Ok. Toni Basil’s ‘Mickey’. I’d be a very happy person if I never had to hear that ever ever again. Or the Gary Jules version of ‘Mad World’ (heard on CSI last night) – I *hate* that version of that song. It’s so damn depressing (not that the original is that much better, except in terms of the fact that it’s actually more upbeat and sounds happy).

As for one song to hear for the rest of my life? How about Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s version of ‘Carmina Burana’ (which I’ve heard in concert, and they’ve not released yet on CD)? Or maybe Asia’s ‘Days Like These’. Of course, if I hear those too often I may come to hate them and never want to hear them ever again.

Ah, the choices that face me with that question.



Anyway, it’s Friday and I need to get some things done. There’s a nice weekend ahead of me hopefully, and ahead of you as well. Enjoy it.