site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Meme Fun... remembering the past...

...I found this on a couple of blogs so far, and figured it's worth a whirl.

1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).

...and my 5th sentence is....

"But CNN Headline News has had it on thier news ticker that it's supposed to return..."

That was this post about the return of FarScape. I remember all the furor over the cancellation of that show, and I still can't believe that it's been 2 years since it's been gone. And in scrolling through my blog archive, I read through a couple of things, and recall that I talked a lot about trivial things back then, with the exception of the ex-boss from hell that I had regular issues with because he couldn't adjust to the fact that I was a peer now instead of a subordinate.

Good gravy, that was a trying time. It had effects on my job, my family, my poor friends who had to hear every single rant because I didn't want to put them out on the boards. And I was going through a Thanksgiving rife with politics over where it should be spent. Hey, when all else fails, I'll hold my own dinner at my own home and no one's invited outside my DH, A & B. Except maybe the dog. I'll invite my doggy inside.

Speaking of Da Royal Doggie - Sasha is 12 years old. Yesterday was her birthday. We gave her a rawhide, the steroid for her eyes (she's got a cloudy eye, and we're trying to stave that off from obscuring her vision), and lots of pets and pats and love. I would have given her a spare Zinger that I had in the kitchen, but dogs shouldn't have chocolate and her tummy has gotten more sensitive as she has aged. Still, I think she's got a few good years left in her, and so does the vet - we just need to start giving her glucosamine for her joints, since her back end is giving out on her a little.

She's slowed down, but still much loved. My first baby. And she's 12.