site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, September 12, 2005
Busy Weekend... But Nothing Was Done.

...It's another of those slice of life sort of things because I was too lazy to actually write anything this weekend.

What did I do all weekend instead? Well, we were busy. Friday night was the usual laze around the house Family Fun Night - we played Monopoly (the Disney version) and ate popcorn. And popcorn chicken and popcorn shrimp. I slept through Stargate Atlantis, and it was only on because USA moved Monk around in timeslots again and it wasn't on at the usual time for us to catch a second airing between SG1 and Battlestar Galactica.

I finally managed to stay awake through an episode of Battlestar Galactica. Yay Me!

Saturday I went to Curves, and made it through my 300th workout. Yay Me! After this I took the kids to a 50 cent movie show - yes, we can still find them from time to time at the theatre down the street from me. So we saw "Herbie: Fully Loaded" while DH helped one of his sisters and her family move to a temporary location. Herbie was cute, the kids liked it, good soundtrack.

After that the kids and I grabbed some lunch, tooled around a little bit walking around a strip mall near home, and then we settled in to watch some cartoons (and for me to stitch). Shortly after that DH came home, and we decided to head for the park to read on a blanket in the sunshine. Of course, that's when it got even breezier than it was, and it was getting cold. It was also getting towards dinnertime, so DH headed off to make something to eat, and the kids and I headed further into the park to play for awhile before dinner, until it got just too cold to handle it.

After dinner DH and A went upstairs to play some PS2, and I worked on some stuff on the computer. B was the one who was lost and wandering because she just wanted to watch "Ella Enchanted" and was planning to use the PS2 to do it, because DH and I were planning to watch a movie. After we got the kids settled in, we watched "Elektra" (it wasn't bad, it wasn't fantastic to rave about) and then it was bedtime.

Sunday? Sunday we straightened up, with A having her usual 'I don't want to do anything that requires me to clean up after anyone else' meltdown. I swear, that kid.... Anyway, we straightened up, we went to two grocery stores and a bakery, and then went home so I could make something for dinner. I decided on Chicken Cacciatore, and watched the end of the 49ers/Rams game while I was chopping vegetables. Good thing I put down the knife during the last couple of minutes else I might have chopped off a finger. I still can't quite believe the 49ers managed to win.

Anyway, after dinner was showers, bedtimes, a little stitching time for me, and that was about it. We didn't do much, but we managed to fill the entire weekend with it....

...so if we didn't do that much, why do I need a nap?