site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, October 31, 2005
It's Monday...

...and that means the A List!...

As I pour bags of Halloween candy into our traditional "trick-or-treat" bowl in preparation for tonight's visitors, I can't help but think back on the Halloween celebrations of my childhood. Maybe it's the smell of chocolate that brings them out?

What are some of your most vivid Halloween memories? What treat did you hope to find when you got back home and dumped out the spoils for review?

My most vivid Halloween memories from my childhood involve the cheapest costumes that you found on the rack from the previous year's discount after Halloween, and standing at the door handing out candy. My mom never let me trick or treat.... too dangerous she said. She was afraid of someone giving me (only me) poisoned candy.

My best Halloween memories ever are being built right now as I take my kids around the neighborhood in costumes that we've spent some time gathering together. Or ones that I've taken some time to actually make from scratch. And decorating the house for Halloween - the cobwebs are up, the spiders and gargoyle are in place. The flicker flame bulbs are in place of our usual white lights in our outdoor sconces. We still need to put up the blacklighting for the webs and maybe some flickering eye lights somewhere.

We love Halloween...



On the home front, it was a calm and quiet weekend - thank goodness, after all the craziness of Friday... I finally vacuumed up the last of the green fuzz from Sasha's blanket, and realized that her hairs are stuck in the throw rug we have under the coffee table. They may come out after a few more vacuumings. Her collar still smells like her - that's probably why I've not washed it.

Other than that, we're still moving right along. B has a project on the culture of Mexico. A doesn't have any projects, but she spent some time cuddling with me on the couch last night, and that was really nice. And she crawled in to cuddle next to me of her own volition.

I managed to finish the rose block of Floral Bellpull last night during Desperate Housewives (or as DH likes to call it, Despicable Housewives which isn't a bad name for it at times). Anyway, that's all from me for the moment...

...except....

Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!