site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, October 22, 2004
Just Another Random Friday...

...according to the Friday Five.


1] Are you a spontaneous person, a planner, or somewhere in-between? Have you ever gone on a spur-of-the-moment road trip or vacation? When, and did you have fun?

I'm somewhere in-between. I like having a plan, but a plan is just a guideline sometimes, and deviation is a good thing. As for a spur-of-the-moment vacation, no, I don't think that I have. With a DH and a couple of kids and a doggie to think about, spur-of-the-moment vacations can't be pulled off without a little planning.

2] Are you a baseball fan, and do you plan to watch the World Series? Who do you think will win? Do you go to a lot of baseball games or mostly watch them on TV? What is your favorite baseball game food?

I am most definitely a baseball fan. I've been a bad fan this year - I barely tracked the Giants or the Red Sox, and by the time I caught up with the Giants, they were in the process of losing thier chance at the Series. And it completely passed me by, until the last couple of days, that the Sox were still in it. Game 7 against the Yucky Yankees was fantastic!!! (A won't let me call them the Y.Y.s at home, because it's not nice, so I'm doing it here where she won't read it.)

3] If someone gave you $25 right now and said that you had to spend it within the hour, what would you buy and why?

I hate questions like this, because I honestly don't know what I would buy. I know what DH would buy, and what A & B would buy, but I can't think of anything for myself... if I weren't on the Wagon Challenge, I'd buy stitching stash, but I *am* on the Challenge at the moment and can't think of anything else I want.

Maybe I'd go blow it at the used CD store...

4] Name three things that you're looking forward to in the near future and why.

Halloween, Christmas, and the Sundance Film Festival. Halloween is our favorite holiday in the house - we decorate all up, and get into costumes, and just have a general good time with it all. I'm looking forward to Christmas from a purely selfish and entrepreneurial standpoint - I really want to know how my company makes it through the season. That and I usually take some time off from work to recharge the batteries a bit. And Sundance at the end of January is some good time for DH and I to be off somewhere without the kids.

5] Do you know any foreign languages? Which ones? If you could become fluent in any language [writing and speaking it], which one would you pick and why?

I know smatterings of Spanish and German, a slight touch of Japanese, and Russian. I used to be able to understand Italian, but that's slipping away from me day by day. Since none of my language skills are in practice, I've lost most of them, unless I think really hard and someone is patient with me. If I could become fluent in anything, I'd prefer French (one that I've never taken a class in) because it would have been (and would be) rather valuable to me to speak with certain engineers that I work with.



Have a great weekend everyone...