site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Monday, October 25, 2004
It's the Monday Memes...

...First off, Sunday Brunch!

1) What do your parents do for a living?

They're both retired. Mom was a stay at home mom my entire life, and Dad worked for the Navy. I don't know what Mom would have done for a career. I think she took a few community college courses, but I don't think that she ever decided what she wanted to do with her life either.

2) How old were your parents when you were born?

Mom was 23, Dad was 30.

3) What is the most important lesson that you learned from your parents?

Oh, there are so many. How not to be a paranoid parent is a top one. There's also always speak your mind, lying never gets you anywhere, and education is critical to success. Those 3 lessons have served me well also, although maybe sometimes I take that first one (about speaking the mind) a little too much to heart.

4) What is the harshest discipline that you ever received from your parents?

That would either be the belt whipping I got from my dad when I was 6 for something I can't even remember, or the whack across the chops I got when I was 15 and told him to "F-off" and it sent me flying across to the piano. Never grounded, never had privledges taken away from me, but then considering that I never got to go to (or have) birthday parties or sleepovers, or go play at my friends' houses like normal kids do (and they could never come over to my house either), there never was really anything to discipline me over.

I mean, how much trouble can a kid get into when they're always at home with a watchful parent around, right?

5) What is the thing that you are the most grateful to your parents for?

My education - without that, I could never have had the courage or ability to leave that house behind and never go back.



And now the Stitcher's Question of the Week:
What are you working on right now?

Right at this very moment, I'm writing this blog in my office at work at dark o'thirty. Seriously, I'm working on Just Nan's 'Angel Stocking' for B for Christmas. I had a goal of finishing it this month (considering I started it at the beginning of the month) but I don't think that's going to happen. Nevertheless, I've made great progress on it, and it will definitely be finished in time for Christmas. I just hope she doesn't decide to give it to me once it's done, like she did with the last stocking I stitched for her - she gave that one to A when she admired it, and it left my littlest one without a stocking. A fact that she's never let me forget since.