site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Random Rambles...
...It's time once again for more random ramblings (a.k.a. The Hit and Run blog entry)...



This morning is the 35th anniversary of man walking on the moon. I heard this on the radio coming into work, but I did the math to calculate that. The radio personality in question didn't (or his newspeople didn't, or he read it wrong due to the early hour of the morning) and insisted it was the 25th anniversary.

Ohhhhhkaaaaay. Speaking of the moon, it's been quite a long time since we last walked up on that surface and it begs the question: why haven't we? With all the technological advances, and the space shuttle flights besides, why haven't we been back to the moon...

It almost makes me want to fall in with the conspiracy theorists who say it was all done on a WB sound stage.



I heard a commercial for a personal injury lawyer with a really annoying voice who was telling me to call if I'm in pain over an accident.

His name was Steven L. Whiner...

...Makes me wonder if he changed his name.



You should know that it's time to leave Curves in the middle of your workout when there's a busybody who happens to be a domestic violence counselor there at the same time as a woman with a black eye and large bruise down one side of her face.

Especially when said bruised woman says she walked into a door (and really looks like it).

I made the unfortunate decision to finish my workout, and I really shouldn't have.



If Van Morrison is holding a concert locally at 4 in the afternoon, how is the audience supposed to sit through "Moondance" without snickering the whole time?

Seriously, he's holding a concert out here on Aug 31 at 4 in the afternoon.



McDonald's is being sued, yet again. This time they're being sued for not reducing the amount of fat in the cooking oil they use to cook the french fries. Apparently it's still fraught with trans-fats which are supposed to be uber-bad for you.

I'm glad to hear that it's cooking oil and not beef tallow - they were pretty embarrassed over that one a few years ago. At least, it's supposed to not have beef tallow in it anymore...

...but that's not my point. My point is, if you're that worried about the fat in the fries, then why are you eating them in the first place? Sounds like another frivolous lawsuit to me.



From the "guy needs his priorities straight" department...

Dale Earnhardt Jr crashes his 'vette on a practice run this weekend, and is taken to the hospital with 2nd degree burns on his face and legs. His only regret? That he couldn't race on Sunday. But he'll be racing again next weekend.

Now, I know racing is his life, but I'd be regretting that gorgeous 'vette going up in flames... and the fact that it could have been me in flames too.



That's all from me this time... have a wonderful day.