site stats WhizGidget Wonders...
Friday, July 23, 2004
It's Friday...

...sorry the entry is a little late, but I've been fussing with a new 'puter at work, and the Five was a little late, and... *sigh*. Some people just love to stir things up and posture that they "know things" that they really don't.

Get a life and a clue people.



1) who was your favorite band/musican when you were younger?

Oh, I think that would have to be Chicago. I think I cut my teeth on thier music as a child - something of thiers was always on the radio - '25 or 6 to 4' (a song my mom was convinced was about an acid trip), or 'Saturday in the Park', "Make Me Smile", "Thunder and Lightning". It made perfect sense that the very first (non-Disney story) tape/record that I bought was a Chicago album. It was a compilation called "If You Leave Me Now" (a song I can live without, thank you very much).

2) why?

For the reasons stated above - they were always around, it was comforting, it sounded like rock should: guitars, horns and boards all working together. It flowed, it was... right.

3) are they still your favorite/one of your favorites?

You betcha they're still my favorite. My kids love thier stuff too. And DH has come around too - he's 'ripped' a few of my CDs and they're in the mp3 collection for streaming through the house speakers.

4) what is your favorite of their songs?

There are so many... I have to pick one? Oh. My. Well... 'Mongonucleosis' ranks high up there. As does 'Thunder and Lightning'. And 'Victorious'... But there's also one that's never been released (I have a really good bootleg) called "All The Years" - there's something about that song that really rings true. And it harkens back to the original rock - guitars, horns and boards all working together - as it should be. Then there was the time I went to see them in concert on my birthday (July 3) and they altered the lyrics of "Saturday in the Park" to be "I think it was the 3rd of July" - I'll never forget that concert.

I can't name a favorite - I love so many of them because they all hold meaning to me for one reason or another.

5) are there any specific lyrics you hold dear?

From "All the Years":

All the years we Wasted
All the years we tried.
All the restless hours.
All the times we cried.
All the years we gambled.
All the years you lied.
All the hopeless dreamers.
All the dreams that died



From "Victorious":

Give me your heart,
the touch of your hand,
the sound of your voice
and I will be victorious.
Hold on to me,
like I hold on to you.
Make it come true,
and I will be victorious.



...and there are many many more. *sigh* I think I need to listen to the bootleg "Stone of Sisyphus" again and hope that Rhino records puts it out eventually...

... have a great weekend everyone! *wanders off whistling the horn line from 'All The Years'*